Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harishrajan9601

Software used for Scientific Drawings and Graphs

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I wanted to know what software is ised to create scientific/engineering diagrams (not to be confused with engineering drawings produced by CAD software) like free body diagrams, simplified diagrams in research papers and textbooks ? Any free version available on the internet ? Also while on the same topic are there any free version of software such as origin

Thanks

Uh, MS paint?

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | AMD Vega 64 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ive used a program called DIA for Flowcharts, ER diagrams, It would be able to do some of the stuff you wanted, but there might be better software out their for your specific needs.

For just general pourpose Vector edititor I reccomend inksape, You could do some nice diagrams with that but its not a dedicated peice of software so it would take a lot longer and less conistant.

Do you want pie chart, bar graphs, etc.? Because if so, Excel.

And if you want to make simplified drawings/symbols, etc. any vector program (such as Inkscape of Adobe Illustrator) will work. You just gotta get the assets, which you can either make yourself or purchase from a symbol website (or hire someone specifically to make them or get them from a website that supplies them for free).

I apologize for the way I am. If my post seemed rude, that was not my intention. Just my ineptness in forming a nice coherent message.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

"FuryBSD, name of your sex tape" - Alex Clark

"How long do I have to keep going on? Someone end it already"