Software used for Scientific Drawings and Graphs

Hello,

I wanted to know what software is ised to create scientific/engineering diagrams (not to be confused with engineering drawings produced by CAD software) like free body diagrams, simplified diagrams in research papers and textbooks ? Any free version available on the internet ? Also while on the same topic are there any free version of software such as origin

Thanks

Uh, MS paint?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you want pie chart, bar graphs, etc.? Because if so, Excel.

And if you want to make simplified drawings/symbols, etc. any vector program (such as Inkscape of Adobe Illustrator) will work. You just gotta get the assets, which you can either make yourself or purchase from a symbol website (or hire someone specifically to make them or get them from a website that supplies them for free).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/