Samsung Galaxy Note 9 dock/dongle questions

Jstagzsr

i have the 512gb/8gb galaxy note 9.. I am looking for a USB-c dock or dongle to use that has at LEAST dual USB, and HDMI.. but other than that the more ports the merrier.. I have seen conflicting things online so im not sure what i CAN use..  Theres a million dongles and dock all over eBay. ones for different phones, different laptops, different tablets, etc.. im a little cautious about the brand specific docks because they plastics have to fit around the phones.. and idk if a generic dock will fit.. so im thinking dongle.. but the main question i have is this: will any dock work with the note 9? like the mac book dock? or hp elite dock? etc.. or do i HAVE to buy a Samsung specific dock/dongle for the note 9?

12 hours ago, Jstagzsr said:

.. but the main question i have is this: will any dock work with the note 9?

try get a dock with a power in for all other component.

it works with only 1 usb-c and hdmi, any thing more isnt guaranteed .

...or get from samsung for risk free....(imo i will try a few cheap ones first with okay comments) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 4:30 AM, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

try get a dock with a power in for all other component.

it works with only 1 usb-c and hdmi, any thing more isnt guaranteed .

...or get from samsung for risk free....(imo i will try a few cheap ones first with okay comments) 

i ended up going with a dock that has 2x usb3, hdmi out, usb-c power in, micro sd reader and sd reader.. it works perfectly.. when the dock is powered via the usbc input it will bring up samsung dex.. when the dock is NOT powered it will mirror the screen to whatever display is hooked up. i have it set up with my flat screen. i have a keyboard and mouse plugged into the usb ports. i just plug it into the dock and use my tv like a pc.. i absolutely love dex!! its a very easy and perfect way of getting showbox on my tv. lol. all this for the 17$ that the dock cost..