Linus Replies to Mean Comments

James
1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Most of them were addressed in WAN shows, but here's a playlist of videos answering questions/some criticism.

I've watched all of those videos before. None of them discuss the change in direction for LTT after becoming LMG, nor their change in audience from tech people to kids. 

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I've watched all of those videos before. None of them discuss the change in direction for LTT after becoming LMG, nor their change in audience from tech people to kids. 

Like I said, they talked about that in a WAN show, iirc

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Like I said, they talked about that in a WAN show, iirc

Sure they did. 

Because everyone is fond of watching an hour long "show" of two guys trying to be funny in front of a camera while "discussing" tech "news" in an unscripted, not funny manner. Not everyone here is a fanboy.

20 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Sure they did. 

Because everyone is fond of watching an hour long "show" of two guys trying to be funny in front of a camera while "discussing" tech "news" in an unscripted, not funny manner. Not everyone here is a fanboy.

You do you.

Edit: By the way, I do agree with you on some points, like the sponsored vids and whatnot (I especially hate it when they spew wrong information on tech quickie, for example), but at the same time, I won't just slander them for things they did right (or lack there of, I guess)

Also,

27 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

nor their change in audience from tech people to kids.

*Timestamped*

4 hours ago, corrado33 said:

and how it is no longer a good tech channel

To me LTT was always an Entertainment Channel, that does tech.

And that is why they are so sucessful because nobody else does it that way, the other ones do Tech. Linus entertains us.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

18 hours ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

It was not only in the video but his own employees clapped in agreement. All the toxicity is coming from Linus. You don't hear any other employees telling Linus to "shut up" do you? Employers have a resonsiblity to provide a safe working environment

I hope you are joking.  You guys have no clue what real Toxic Work Places are like.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

5 hours ago, THraShArD said:

I hope you are joking.  You guys have no clue what real Toxic Work Places are like.

Tell us, please educate us all

21 hours ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

No I have no evidence that they are in fact mentally hurting, but there is the evidence of abuse coming from management. If the inappropriate comments were a two way street I'd be more inclined to believe its just for fun and jokes but no one talks that way back to Linus. They just seem to either go silent with no reply or try to laugh it off. Laughing things off is a forum of the brain trying to cope with what is happening.

Every other video they joke about Linus's genitals, his footwear, his way of handling products, his voice and plenty of other things... you're just cherry picking, and if there were real workplace abuse you wouldn't see it in the videos.

11 hours ago, corrado33 said:

And don't worry, I don't watch them. I just watched this one to see if he'd respond to actual criticism or just try to make it "funny." 

My guess as to which it'd be was confirmed.

They already answered the thumbnail and title criticism in other videos. You obviously don't care though - you'd only accept a complete disappearance of the """clickbait""" thumbnails and titles. There's no point in arguing with someone who refuses to consider the other's point of view.

This video was just for fun. It's literally Linus responding to mean comments, as the title says.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 2/26/2019 at 3:58 PM, Allmykidsareblack said:

May I remind you once again that this kind of behavior in a workplace business setting is very inappropriate and that LTT has a responsibility to ensure a safe work place environment. This isn't playing touch football on the weekends with the guys.

Linus literally spent 10's of hours and thousands of dollars to make a "hang out" for the employees of LMG. I think thats a pretty decent boss. (Edit) Also if my boss provided a Big Funking Gaming Display and a dolby atmos surround setup, i would be pretty happy. Lol. Linus is a good guy. Clumsy, But good.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Linus literally spent 10's of hours and thousands of dollars to make a "hang out" for the employees of LMG. I think thats a pretty decent boss. (Edit) Also if my boss provided a Big Funking Gaming Display and a dolby atmos surround setup, i would be pretty happy. Lol. Linus is a good guy. Clumsy, But good.

So if your boss spends a lot of money to make a hang out, he is allowed to treat people in a toxic manner?

1 hour ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

So if your boss spends a lot of money to make a hang out, he is allowed to treat people in a toxic manner?

Since when has linus been toxic towards LMG employees.. He literally asked the editors if he could shut down the server for a while, i find that pretty considerate, he does make jokes yes, he does act a bit mean sometimes yes, but the employees return this behaviour. They are all mature people (questionable), wanting to laugh and mess around a bit in the work place, he doesn't force them to work in terrible conditions, it isnt a very serious place to work, they have fun. If linus was as toxic as you say he is, I really don't think he would be as successful as he is.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 hour ago, Derkoli said:

Since when has linus been toxic towards LMG employees.. He literally asked the editors if he could shut down the server for a while, i find that pretty considerate, he does make jokes yes, he does act a bit mean sometimes yes, but the employees return this behaviour. They are all mature people (questionable), wanting to laugh and mess around a bit in the work place, he doesn't force them to work in terrible conditions, it isnt a very serious place to work, they have fun. If linus was as toxic as you say he is, I really don't think he would be as successful as he is.

Please kindly re watch the video at around 7 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

Please kindly re watch the video at around 7 minutes.

7:23, the employees are mocking him and he is laughing. seems like a 2 way street to me.

3 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

7:23, the employees are mocking him and he is laughing. seems like a 2 way street to me.

They applauded when he read the post when it said he better stop acting the way he has been or he will start losing employees. It was a cry for help.

10 minutes ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

They applauded when he read the post when it said he better stop acting the way he has been or he will start losing employees. It was a cry for help.

"A cry for help" if they were that upset, they would quit.

2 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

"A cry for help" if they were that upset, they would quit.

Maybe they need the money to support their family. I also work in a toxic environment quite like this. I can't just up and quit my job.

1 minute ago, Allmykidsareblack said:

Maybe they need the money to support their family. I also work in a toxic environment quite like this. I can't just up and quit my job.

Linus aint the devil lol. He upgraded some of his employees gaming rigs.. seems prettttyyyyyy nice.

3 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

Linus aint the devil lol. He upgraded some of his employees gaming rigs.. seems prettttyyyyyy nice.

Just because he spends money on his employees you have no idea how it feels to be treated the way he treats his employees. I also wonder if that is even appropriate for a employer to do. It could also mean hush money for sweeping his office antics under the rug.

Just now, Allmykidsareblack said:

Just because he spends money on his employees you have no idea how it feels to be treated the way he treats his employees. I also wonder if that is even appropriate for a employer to do.

I am so confused. I dont get how he treats them badly. He let them decorate his room, the editing den, he barely got mad when some pallets were left leaning up against the new wall in the warehouse. He barely has control over them sometimes.

1 minute ago, Derkoli said:

I am so confused. I dont get how he treats them badly. He let them decorate his room, the editing den, he barely got mad when some pallets were left leaning up against the new wall in the warehouse. He barely has control over them sometimes.

Everything you are saying is material objects. I can be very cruel to my wife (I would never) and then go out and buy her flowers and a diamond ring, so to you I would be even?

Just now, Allmykidsareblack said:

Everything you are saying is material objects. I can be very cruel to my wife (I would never) and then go out and buy her flowers and a diamond ring, so to you I would be even?

image.png.55976dab156b6b07cec47c2f789ccc58.pngah, materialistic.

Just now, Derkoli said:

image.png.55976dab156b6b07cec47c2f789ccc58.pngah, materialistic.

I'm glad we could come to an agreement tonight Derkoli

big shoots+quaff -> letterkenny, or, as some of us like to call it, canadian redneck rap battles. 

• 3 weeks later...