Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
halblah

Thermaltake view 37 argb, any good?

Gamers Nexus did a review of the non-rgb version.  He mentioned the RGB version in the review because the type of fans is basically the only real difference between the two. 

Brief summary : On the promo shots for the RGB version the fans are mounted on the outside of the chassis.  In that position the airflow is almost entirely blocked off by the front panel.  You can move the fans back an inch by mounting them on the inside of the chassis, which will improve airflow.  However in that scenario half of the fans' LEDs will be blocked off by the chassis.  So that's no good either.

Thermaltake cases tend to be ... well ... garbage compared to for example Fractal ones.  The thinnest steel they can get away with, few tie-down points for cable management compared to other brands, etc etc.  You just feel that you're building inside a cheaper and inferior product. 

Steve does mention near the end that "quality-wise, it's decent.  I put it at average", so perhaps they did use proper steel this time (probably to solve rigidity issues caused by that big panoramic window).

As for acrylic, it tends to scratch easily.  Not sure what you can do to protect it.  I got so fed up with the scratches on my own PCs' windows that I ended up getting a windowless case. 

Dust isn't really an issue, although there can always be some on the inside.  On my old windowed cases I never encountered any discoloration or warping due to old age.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a fractal design meshify c mini tg right now and I want something different. I am now looking at the thermaltake view 37 argb.

Does anyone have experiences with acrylic panels? is it easy to maintain it(scratches, dust)? I understand that there are solutions I could find online to help get rid of scratches, but is there something I could spray on the acrylic to protect it against scratches? And how does acrylic panels hold up in the long term?

Also does anyone know how the build quality of the case is?

Finally, I think I will be using thermaltake's software to control the fans, are they easy to work with?

I know I am asking a lot so any help would do. Thank you everyone.

- Threads cleaned. Please refrain from making multiple threads on the same topic.

Spoiler

Remember to quote me or tag me to get my attention in a post!

Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): R5 2400G | Noctua L9a | VTX R9 Nano 4GB | 2x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (@2400MHz) | ASRock A300M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6s + 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2TB 5400RPM SSHD | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice) Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): R5 1500X | Stock AMD Cooler | ASRock B450 Pro4 | Asus HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | Crucial BX200 240GB | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig): G3258 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Sapphire R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

Posted · Best Answer

Gamers Nexus did a review of the non-rgb version.  He mentioned the RGB version in the review because the type of fans is basically the only real difference between the two. 

Brief summary : On the promo shots for the RGB version the fans are mounted on the outside of the chassis.  In that position the airflow is almost entirely blocked off by the front panel.  You can move the fans back an inch by mounting them on the inside of the chassis, which will improve airflow.  However in that scenario half of the fans' LEDs will be blocked off by the chassis.  So that's no good either.

Thermaltake cases tend to be ... well ... garbage compared to for example Fractal ones.  The thinnest steel they can get away with, few tie-down points for cable management compared to other brands, etc etc.  You just feel that you're building inside a cheaper and inferior product. 

Steve does mention near the end that "quality-wise, it's decent.  I put it at average", so perhaps they did use proper steel this time (probably to solve rigidity issues caused by that big panoramic window).

As for acrylic, it tends to scratch easily.  Not sure what you can do to protect it.  I got so fed up with the scratches on my own PCs' windows that I ended up getting a windowless case. 

Dust isn't really an issue, although there can always be some on the inside.  On my old windowed cases I never encountered any discoloration or warping due to old age.