Thermaltake view 37 argb, any good?

halblah
Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,

Gamers Nexus did a review of the non-rgb version.  He mentioned the RGB version in the review because the type of fans is basically the only real difference between the two. 

Brief summary : On the promo shots for the RGB version the fans are mounted on the outside of the chassis.  In that position the airflow is almost entirely blocked off by the front panel.  You can move the fans back an inch by mounting them on the inside of the chassis, which will improve airflow.  However in that scenario half of the fans' LEDs will be blocked off by the chassis.  So that's no good either.

Thermaltake cases tend to be ... well ... garbage compared to for example Fractal ones.  The thinnest steel they can get away with, few tie-down points for cable management compared to other brands, etc etc.  You just feel that you're building inside a cheaper and inferior product. 

Steve does mention near the end that "quality-wise, it's decent.  I put it at average", so perhaps they did use proper steel this time (probably to solve rigidity issues caused by that big panoramic window).

As for acrylic, it tends to scratch easily.  Not sure what you can do to protect it.  I got so fed up with the scratches on my own PCs' windows that I ended up getting a windowless case. 

Dust isn't really an issue, although there can always be some on the inside.  On my old windowed cases I never encountered any discoloration or warping due to old age.

I have a fractal design meshify c mini tg right now and I want something different. I am now looking at the thermaltake view 37 argb.

Does anyone have experiences with acrylic panels? is it easy to maintain it(scratches, dust)? I understand that there are solutions I could find online to help get rid of scratches, but is there something I could spray on the acrylic to protect it against scratches? And how does acrylic panels hold up in the long term?

Also does anyone know how the build quality of the case is?

Finally, I think I will be using thermaltake's software to control the fans, are they easy to work with?

I know I am asking a lot so any help would do. Thank you everyone.

Gamers Nexus did a review of the non-rgb version.  He mentioned the RGB version in the review because the type of fans is basically the only real difference between the two. 

Brief summary : On the promo shots for the RGB version the fans are mounted on the outside of the chassis.  In that position the airflow is almost entirely blocked off by the front panel.  You can move the fans back an inch by mounting them on the inside of the chassis, which will improve airflow.  However in that scenario half of the fans' LEDs will be blocked off by the chassis.  So that's no good either.

Thermaltake cases tend to be ... well ... garbage compared to for example Fractal ones.  The thinnest steel they can get away with, few tie-down points for cable management compared to other brands, etc etc.  You just feel that you're building inside a cheaper and inferior product. 

Steve does mention near the end that "quality-wise, it's decent.  I put it at average", so perhaps they did use proper steel this time (probably to solve rigidity issues caused by that big panoramic window).

As for acrylic, it tends to scratch easily.  Not sure what you can do to protect it.  I got so fed up with the scratches on my own PCs' windows that I ended up getting a windowless case. 

Dust isn't really an issue, although there can always be some on the inside.  On my old windowed cases I never encountered any discoloration or warping due to old age.