Climate change real or hoax?

aezakmi
14 minutes ago, wasab said:

define the real "self". Lets say we can grow and recover each part of our severed body like that of Earthworms. i lose my head, i regrow my body back. My body now without a head, regrows its head back. Now, which one is the real me? 

self is actually the incorporeal sequencing field which gathers up the matter of the planet and arranges it into form,

every cell in your body is replaced every 7 years by this field of influence

the body you have now is not the one you had 7 years ago, self is not the body

"The first aspect of the quantum world that we have to consider concerns the fact that the basis of material things is not material. This view is in complete contrast to our experience of the world, but it follows from Schrödinger’s quantum mechanics, which is currently the only theory that allows us to understand the properties of atoms and molecules. In this theory, the electrons in atoms and molecules aren’t tiny material particles, little balls of matter, but standing waves or forms -

In view of these properties of the elementary units of matter, we have to conclude that the order of the visible world is based on phenomena, which transcend the materialism of classical physics. If one pursues the nature of matter to its roots, at the level of atoms and molecules all of a sudden one finds oneself in a realm of mathematical forms and numbers, where all matter is lost: Thus, one is led to the view that the basis of reality is nonmaterial."

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Im talking conciousness.

Say you want to replace you frontal lobe of your brain. To do so you create a machine/pc/whatever that replicate its signals. If you then run both the new lobe and old lobe at the same time and both output the same signals. Would you loose you conciousness if you remove the old lobe?

Because to the rest of the human body the old lobe never dissapeared 

Repeat with the rest and you are essentislly the exact same person who never lost conciousness in the period of transision

You can transfer your conscience. You can for example replace a bit of your brain with machianry, then more bits of your brain, then bits more until all of it are machine. nothing changes to your conscienceness. Is it still you? Agree or disagree 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

You can transfer your conscience. You can for example replace a bit of your brain with machianry, then more bits of your brain, then bits more until all of it are machine. nothing changes to your conscienceness. Is it still you? Agree or disagree 

i would say yes. it identity is the same. and at no point where there noone like you and at no point where there two of you. 

no copy was made. at no point were you lost. and at not point did the induvidual notice something was missing or that there was something not him. 

the brain is a meatball of signals, changing it out untill its a siliconpile of silicon doesnt change what the brain sees itself as it never noticed. 

22 minutes ago, kilgore_T said:

self is actually the incorporeal sequencing field which gathers up the matter of the planet and arranges it into form,

every cell in your body is replaced every 7 years by this field of influence

the body you have now is not the one you had 7 years ago, self is not the body

"The first aspect of the quantum world that we have to consider concerns the fact that the basis of material things is not material. This view is in complete contrast to our experience of the world, but it follows from Schrödinger’s quantum mechanics, which is currently the only theory that allows us to understand the properties of atoms and molecules. In this theory, the electrons in atoms and molecules aren’t tiny material particles, little balls of matter, but standing waves or forms -

In view of these properties of the elementary units of matter, we have to conclude that the order of the visible world is based on phenomena, which transcend the materialism of classical physics. If one pursues the nature of matter to its roots, at the level of atoms and molecules all of a sudden one finds oneself in a realm of mathematical forms and numbers, where all matter is lost: Thus, one is led to the view that the basis of reality is nonmaterial."

This has nothing to do with science. We are in the realm of philosophy. You should understand "conciousness" is not not something concrete. It is about abstract as the notion of "love". If you want to give it some scientific basis, you can say love is when your body produces certain hormones that raise heart beat/induces a sense of wellbeing or whatever and that conciousness is bunch of neurons firing eletricity signals back and forth to another. Besides that, there is really nothing you can say without some philosophical interpretation.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i would say yes. it identity is the same. and at no point where there noone like you and at no point where there two of you. 

no copy was made. at no point were you lost. and at not point did the induvidual notice something was missing or that there was something not him. 

the brain is a meatball of signals, changing it out untill its a siliconpile of silicon doesnt change what the brain sees itself as it never noticed. 

So I can also upload my brain to a computer bits by bits

Like say chop off one part, feeds it into a machine that recreates exactly that part of the brain inside it's virtual world. Then keep adding bits of brain into that  computer until it recreates everything and your brain is entirely consume. Wouldn't that be you inside a computer? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

1 minute ago, wasab said:

You should understand "conciousness" is not not something concrete.

well actually its a meatlump of signals communicating with itself to create a set of signals that itself checks to be the right course of survival. 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

It is about abstract as the notion of "love"

actually this is the same meatlump saying to itself and rewarding itelf because it deems that a beneficial thing for its survival and babies. because our mind loves babies. 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

So I can also upload my brain to a computer bits by bits

Like say chop off one part, feeds it into a machine that recreates exactly that part of the brain inside it's virtual world. Then keep adding bits of brain into that  computer until it recreates everything and your brain is entirely consume. Wouldn't that be you inside a computer? 

assuming the brain never looses that part or looses connection to it at any point, it is essentially the same as your body replacing cells. there is actually no difference between them. 

so yes that would be you. 

4 minutes ago, wasab said:

This has nothing to do with science. We are in the realm of philosophy. You should understand "conciousness" is not not something concrete. It is about abstract as the notion of "love". If you want to give it some scientific basis, you can say love is when your body produces certain hormones that raise heart beat/induces a sense of wellbeing or whatever and that conciousness is bunch of neurons firing eletricity signals back and forth to another. Besides that, there is really nothing you can say withoit some philosophical interpretation.

this is quantum mechanics

1 minute ago, kilgore_T said:

this is quantum mechanics

well, no. 

quantum mechanics attempts to explain reality. 

but TLDR this is a lot of molecular science put together. which in the end would explain the human mind. 

which involves quantum mechanics, quantum tunneling, and much much more.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

well, no. 

quantum mechanics attempts to explain reality. 

but TLDR this is a lot of molecular science put together. which in the end would explain the human mind. 

which involves quantum mechanics, quantum tunneling, and much much more.

yes exactly and field theory is one of their attempts to explain it

science has no fundamental theory to explain the human mind, they cant even explain how memory works

Climate change is real. What I have doubts is that all of it is entirely our doing as climate change defenders parrot so violently. If we go far back through Earth's timeline, we see there are constantly these huge shifts in behavior of Earth, in times when humans had ZERO effect on it. We just happen to live in one right now (or closing in on it). Our emissions might have accelerated things a bit, but they'd happen one way or another. If they happen now or 200 years later, what damn difference does it make? Everyone panicking about it now like they only give a shit about themselves and whoever will have to deal with it later, fuck them. That's how it feels all this. Earth is a huge self regulating machine, we'd really have to poison and nuke it beyond belief to literally destroy it. Some elevated CO2 most certainly won't do this, not to an extent where Earth won't self regulate it. And it has been doing that for millions of years.

And people always assume I don't care about ecology if I think this way. Not true. What really grinds my gears are people who endlessly bitch about climate change that is or isn't happening now or in 300 years, but apparently don't have issues with factories still dumping real toxic shit into rivers right this very moment. Well, I'm more annoyed by things that are done wrong now and could without any doubt make this planet better if they get stopped. And doing these retarded climate summits where all the people fly in on private jets and convoys of big ass SUV's makes you wonder who's fooling who. Skype has already been invented, do a god damn video conference if you care about climate change so damn much.

A little step from science but a huge jump to big tiddy anime gf :D

https://www.sciencealert.com/brain-to-brain-mind-connection-lets-three-people-share-thoughts

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

well i think the earth goes trough hot and cold phases on a regular schedule. that being said i do think were making it worse. so yes climate change is real. but partly also natural. were just boosting the effects.

also what bugging me more about the discussion is that people use it as an excuse. like ohh cimate change isnt real anyway so lets keep pumping our shit into the air. pollution stays pollution and weather or not we summon the apocalypse with it. it still aint good to pump all that shit into our air and water.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

What's funny is that some CO2 is "problematic", but dumping heavy metals and toxins into ground and rivers, something for which no "reset" cycle exists, no problem apparently. Because if it was, everyone would be freaking out about it.

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

well actually its a meatlump of signals communicating with itself to create a set of signals that itself checks to be the right course of survival. 

What?

Sudo make me a sandwich 

7 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

assuming the brain never looses that part or looses connection to it at any point, it is essentially the same as your body replacing cells. there is actually no difference between them. 

Then we are immortal!

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

untill the silicon dies. 

Silicon doesn't die silly. It isn't alive. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

12 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

tell that to degrading silicon, shortcircuits. or bitflips due to cosmic rays

Silly, silicon atoms can't be destroyed by mere cosmic rays. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 2/26/2019 at 4:36 AM, RejZoR said:

Climate change is real. What I have doubts is that all of it is entirely our doing as climate change defenders parrot so violently. If we go far back through Earth's timeline, we see there are constantly these huge shifts in behavior of Earth, in times when humans had ZERO effect on it. We just happen to live in one right now (or closing in on it). Our emissions might have accelerated things a bit, but they'd happen one way or another. If they happen now or 200 years later, what damn difference does it make? Everyone panicking about it now like they only give a shit about themselves and whoever will have to deal with it later, fuck them. That's how it feels all this. Earth is a huge self regulating machine, we'd really have to poison and nuke it beyond belief to literally destroy it. Some elevated CO2 most certainly won't do this, not to an extent where Earth won't self regulate it. And it has been doing that for millions of years.

You've got the scale wrong though - yes, climate change happens naturally. But we're talking several thousand years on the quick side of things, not 200 or 300 years.

And frankly, we're not that concerned with Earth, per se, but rather Humanity. Earth will survive. It'll adapt. And if there are mass extinctions, new life will evolve to take the place of those that died out.

The problem is we want to avoid the "died out" part for Humanity.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:36 AM, RejZoR said:

And people always assume I don't care about ecology if I think this way. Not true. What really grinds my gears are people who endlessly bitch about climate change that is or isn't happening now or in 300 years, but apparently don't have issues with factories still dumping real toxic shit into rivers right this very moment. Well, I'm more annoyed by things that are done wrong now and could without any doubt make this planet better if they get stopped. And doing these retarded climate summits where all the people fly in on private jets and convoys of big ass SUV's makes you wonder who's fooling who. Skype has already been invented, do a god damn video conference if you care about climate change so damn much.

I don't know a single person concerned about climate change that isn't also concerned about companies polluting.

On 2/26/2019 at 7:53 AM, RejZoR said:

What's funny is that some CO2 is "problematic", but dumping heavy metals and toxins into ground and rivers, something for which no "reset" cycle exists, no problem apparently. Because if it was, everyone would be freaking out about it.

You've made this claim twice, but everyone I know who supports climate change also supports enforcing environmental protections against polluting.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 2/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, GoldenLag said:

Neurons do not replicate as normal cells, rather as an adult they tend not to divide. If they get damaged, they will most likely not be replaced. 

On 2/23/2019 at 9:54 PM, Dash Lambda said:

This is a very risky topic to make a thread about, usually these types of discussions are avoided to keep things civil, but before any of that I'd like to clarify one thing:

Climate change in general shouldn't be thought of as weather getting warmer. The global average temperature is increasing, but a very significant change there is a fraction of a degree, far from the 5-10 degree differences that would make the weather feel significantly warmer.

What that tiny global change does do is make weather more extreme and unpredictable. So record highs and lows are attributed to global warming, as well as increased storm activity, sudden changes in temperature (which happens a lot where I live, yay Michigan), and stuff like that. So the weather being warmer isn't really a climate change thing, but the weather being different and/or unpredictable is.

Like the -70 and -55 F In Minnesota and Chicago during this winter. Was gonna comment about this but now that youve already done it I thank you