Climate change real or hoax?

aezakmi

first of all this ain't a conspiracy theory thread

Just want to know if you believe in climate change or think it's a hoax/lie and why

I believe in it, because looks like every summer (south hemisphere) that passes it just gets hotter, also winters aren't cold as they used to be, I remember as a kid we had temperatures in the negative range of C degrees and well last year the coldest temp was like 18C

just last week temperatures were as high as 47C while idk 10 years ago something crazy high was 35C

and on the other side looks like winters are harsh with snow and everything, never seen snow by myself, I don't even have winter clothes you know like thick coats or wool sweaters, scarfs, etc

So uhm that's why I believe in it

btw Carey Holzman is a denier

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

This is a very risky topic to make a thread about, usually these types of discussions are avoided to keep things civil, but before any of that I'd like to clarify one thing:

Climate change in general shouldn't be thought of as weather getting warmer. The global average temperature is increasing, but a very significant change there is a fraction of a degree, far from the 5-10 degree differences that would make the weather feel significantly warmer.

What that tiny global change does do is make weather more extreme and unpredictable. So record highs and lows are attributed to global warming, as well as increased storm activity, sudden changes in temperature (which happens a lot where I live, yay Michigan), and stuff like that. So the weather being warmer isn't really a climate change thing, but the weather being different and/or unpredictable is.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

I believe it's true because like.. facts

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It isn't just the climate becoming hotter. Wind patterns are changing and this has side effects with rain, hurricanes, and tornadoes. The midwest's snowstorm this season was a result of the wind and polar vortex changing due to decreases in air pressures among other things. This aside, I would leave the rest in a status update. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

In Australia, we have birds - magpies - that attack when they’re nesting (usually in September and maybe into October).

Since 2014 or so I’ve been attacked year round including the middle of winter because their nesting habits are screwed up with random heatwaves in winter and cold snaps in summer.

Also I work in wine and the effect on the industry is already substantial with certain varieties not being able to be grown where they used to, so the cost of wineries is huge - ripping out old vineyards, finding new varieties that work (or finding new locations for the old varietals) and trying to change consumer perceptions.

5 hours ago, aezakmi said:

btw Carey Holzman is a denier

And Jayz2Cents doesn't think there should be restrictions in gun laws in USA. And Linus has very fanboy-ish attitude towards anything Star Wars. Why do you drag them into this?

5 hours ago, seon123 said:

Oh boy

This isn't political nor religious, though. It's view of the world based on personal opinions, scientific facts and so on. If someone would start to blame political people on that one country, then it's different matter.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's definitely real. I also seriously doubt we can stop it.

No one, myself included, is willing to make more than token gestures. How many of us are willing to give up air travel? Personal transport, because even electric cars have too high a carbon footprint? Streaming services until they de-carbonize their electricity supplies? Buying food that was grown or manufactured more than say 200 miles away? I could go on...

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

The Earth is really just a pancake which is proven by the fact that it is flat, and the warming is just our alien overlords finishing their meal.

Due to the increasing obesity rate our Overlords had to turn up the heat to ensure we'll be well done.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

climate change is real

edit : wtf happened to my comment? i had more stuff in here, did someone edit it without my knowledge? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Why is it not real though? 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

climate change is real. i just dont think theres anything people can do to fix it....yea some things can be reduced but in the long run it cant be stopped. theres to much outside variables besides just man causing it. its been happening for ever.....it has even been proven we are late having a ice age....our c02 levels are at the point where it should start but hasnt yet....earth is a fickle thing. i think it will correct imbalances like it has in the past and no amount of our money can control or help it

8 hours ago, aezakmi said:

just last week temperatures were as high as 47C while idk 10 years ago something crazy high was 35C

Here in Southern California we are having record breaking cold temperatures, so....

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

It is a long time since I went to school for this type of thing(1970s). 

But when I did I was taught that we are at the end of a warming period of an ice age.

It was known even then that human activities was accelerating the process. What was argued was how much of an effect we are.

The funny thing is that the systems that keep us warm will break down sooner and the ice will come quicker. If it gets warm enough frozen gases will thaw and that will be the end of us.  

As they say "the end is nigh"

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

Climate change is real, I'm pretty sure scientifc data has proven that...

But I don't think that it will impact ME, so I don't really care.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Considering we keep beating temperature records every year, getting stronger snowstorms and heavier snowfall, yet warmer temperature during winter time causing a ton of icy rain (We've literally got about 6 inch of ice on the asphalt... between the street and the sidewalk, there's no difference in height anymore, literally never seen this, not even during the 1998 ice storm), ice cap melting/shrinking, insects/animals moving further up north, etc...

Yes, it's real.

But hey, it's just a "cycle" right, it will totally go back to normal... In like a couple thousand years when we're all dead from the heat/cold. ?

I blame old people in position of power, getting bought up by big oil and other highly polluting companies with their flawed "studies" showing there's little to no "relation" between increase of CO2(and other gasses) and climate change, while trying to deflect it as being some sort of "cycle". Where's there's money, there's corruption. Just look at how long it took to get cigarettes regulated... even today you have people refusing to believe it cause any sort of health issues.

If a politician is telling you that it's not "real", just look up on whose payroll they are on, you'll likely find they got paid off to have that "opinion".

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Climate change is real

Climate change has been happening as long as the earth has been around

Climate change will continue to happen for as long as the earth exists

I think the question really is -------->   is our current climate change CAUSED by human actions

My opinion: Climate change is happening, it's primary effecting factors are NOT human related, human actions are minor players in a very VERY large system.

Some of my reasoning:

1: Go read THIS (by the Hoover Institution) It is short and concise and it is a very well reasoned explanation for why the author believes the HUMAN side of things is overblown.

Quotes:

1: "The atmosphere is about 0.8˚ Celsius warmer than it was in 1850. Given that the atmospheric concentration of carbon dioxide has risen 40 percent since 1750 and that COis a greenhouse gas, a reasonable hypothesis is that the increase in CO2 has caused, and is causing, global warming."

2: "If someone with a hand-held stopwatch tells you that a runner cut his (400m) time by 0.00005 seconds, you should be skeptical. If someone with a climate model tells you that a 0.036 Wm–2 CO2 signal can be detected within an environment of 150 Wm–2 error, you should be just as skeptical."

3: "The total combined errors in our climate model are estimated be about 150 Wm–2, which is over 4,000 times as large as the estimated annual extra energy from higher COconcentrations. Can we isolate such a faint signal?"

I don't believe that any intelligent person would disagree that the climate has exhibited various changes over the time the Earth has been in existence.

If you believe that the Ice Ages happened, then you basically can't refute that claim.

The main source of contention that I see stems from figuring out the cause: Are humans a major contributing factor or not?

Personally, I don't think it matters if we are a contributing factor or not. In either case, the climate will definitely change to stop being habitable by humans at some point. Throughout the history of Earth, including before humans existed, the climate has consistently changed from being very warm to very cold, with habitable bands between. Therefore, we must seek out active means of climate control so that we are able to keep the Earth habitable for humans. Simply reducing any effect humans might have on the environment, as many a politician would suggest, will not affect the outcome of climate change in any way.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

we have literally have evidence to say the climate has changed a lot over the last 6 billion years. 

So yes, take it from a scientist, climate change is a thing.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

13 hours ago, seon123 said:

Oh boy

mods are watching tho, if a troll comments they'll just delete his comment

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

Ya, we should be careful, the canadians have laws.

Yes there is climate change, caused by hoomans, that's the hoax.

Climate is changing but so what? I don't like ice ages. Let it get warmer for godsake. No one ever complains when global warming melt the North American/Eurasian glaciers, raise the sea levels, and killed off the mammoth back in the end of great ice age so stop worrying about it now.  

Sudo make me a sandwich 

48 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

stop eating meat in every meal,

What? to much cow flatulence?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14