Running Android on Windows 10?

Hey guys I was wondering which is the safest android emulator on windows?

Nox is a shady Chinese emu that sends all your info to China.

Bluestacks is just horrible and bloated to hell with ads ads ads and uninstallable apps that pop up on start and etc (dont use it)

MeMu was accused of having a cryptocurrency miner hidden in without the users consent.

There are a few more but can you guys just give me a suggestion as to which android emulator is just overall the safest? (not bluestacks please)

PS

Would be amazing if Linus actually made a video on this topic, seems like there isnt enough coverage on this topic, though it is a interesting topic indeed.

I used to have an Android VM in Virtualbox.  Worked like a charm, but then again that was back when Android 4.4 was the hot new thing. 

Looks like it's still pretty much the same though, albeit with a more modern version.

https://www.howtogeek.com/164570/HOW-TO-INSTALL-ANDROID-IN-VIRTUALBOX/

Looks like Android x86 is on 8.1 now.  The instructions from HowToGeek still look familiar, so I assume not much has changed.

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I used to have an Android VM in Virtualbox.  Worked like a charm, but then again that was back when Android 4.4 was the hot new thing. 

Looks like it's still pretty much the same though, albeit with a more modern version.

https://www.howtogeek.com/164570/HOW-TO-INSTALL-ANDROID-IN-VIRTUALBOX/

Looks like Android x86 is on 8.1 now.  The instructions from HowToGeek still look familiar, so I assume not much has changed.

Is there any way to do this without virtual box and ISO's? I am looking for something more simple, like install and go.

I recommend this website to download an iso http://www.android-x86.org/download  

Use this website to download the latest version of android. Also if you have a old computer gathering dust you can use that and install android. I installed to my old laptop and it ran like a breeze

14 minutes ago, punky4rd said:

Nox is a shady Chinese emu that sends all your info to China.

Proof please? I'm curious about this

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

never tried it but i dont think it can get any better than virtualbox with iso

easily cloning the virtual machine before you make changes, portable to other pc...

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

I used BlueStacks for Android Gaming on Win 10. Do you want it for gaming too?

4 minutes ago, Hip said:

I used BlueStacks for Android Gaming on Win 10. Do you want it for gaming too?

Bluestacks is just horrible in my opinion. I'd rather china got my userdata then use that application.

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Proof please? I'm curious about this

53 minutes ago, punky4rd said:

So you don't use Win10 either?

Not that I'm disagreeing with the info you posted, but reddit isn't exactly a solid source for factual info, and the phoning home part of Nox seems no worse than what Win10 does (and for the record, I don't use Win10 or Nox)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I use Nox with Nova Launcher and used SDmaid with Root enabled to delete the stock launcher because it kept reinstating itself as default.

Simply connecting to China isn't proof enough to say it's chinese owned. Sure they collect data, like every other applications out there, it's right there in their privacy page, that doesn't mean they are collecting for chinese profits.

The chinese IP connections could easily just be because the ads being served on the default launcher come from there.
In fact, I just checked it with TCPView, got these two during NOX loading while it was showing an Ad.
101.201.178.200 - Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd

60.205.109.138 - Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd
These are literally the only IPs I've seen that aren't from Google. (which shows as multiple ********1e100.net outgoing traffic)

"Safest" emulator for someone who is paranoid and believe everything on reddit is likely Android x86 running in an virtual machine. But it's not the best, many apps don't work/aren't available on it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

10 hours ago, TetraSky said:

I use Nox with Nova Launcher and used SDmaid with Root enabled to delete the stock launcher because it kept reinstating itself as default.

Simply connecting to China isn't proof enough to say it's chinese owned. Sure they collect data, like every other applications out there, it's right there in their privacy page, that doesn't mean they are collecting for chinese profits.

The chinese IP connections could easily just be because the ads being served on the default launcher come from there.
In fact, I just checked it with TCPView, got these two during NOX loading while it was showing an Ad.
101.201.178.200 - Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd

60.205.109.138 - Hangzhou Alibaba Advertising Co.,Ltd
These are literally the only IPs I've seen that aren't from Google. (which shows as multiple ********1e100.net outgoing traffic)

"Safest" emulator for someone who is paranoid and believe everything on reddit is likely Android x86 running in an virtual machine. But it's not the best, many apps don't work/aren't available on it.

I actually did some research on Nox and yeah you are right, It's mostly just ads as far as i know. 

Ill be using nox I guess.

I've been using Droid4X. Also Chinese. Performs much better than Nox, but has really annoying color scheme.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv