Is my build plan ok?

Toyota AE86

I wanted to point out that I have got already HDD and SSD.

I'd swap the case to a Q300L and change the power supply to a CX550M

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Paxco said:

What is this build's purpose?

Web browsing, office programs, programming, gaming (mainly e-sports titles).

Just now, Amforev said:

I think that would be perfectly fine for your uses. If it were me, though, I'd pony up the extra $50 and get the 2400g. SMT is going to help a lot in many scenarios.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

I think that would be perfectly fine for your uses. If it were me, though, I'd pony up the extra $50 and get the 2400g. SMT is going to help a lot in many scenarios.

2400G is never worth it. It just isnt. 

2 minutes ago, Amforev said:

You need storage aswell.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $371.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-23 14:52 EST-0500

Here is a better build. Fixes the issues with the badly picked parts and replaced em with good ones. 

Added a good 500GB SSD for everything you need.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:
6 minutes ago, Amforev said:

You need storage aswell.

I have wrote that i already have SSD and HDD.

12 minutes ago, Amforev said:

I wanted to point out that I have got already HDD and SSD.

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

2400G is never worth it. It just isnt. 

You need storage aswell.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($54.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Newegg Business) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $371.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-23 14:52 EST-0500

Here is a better build. Fixes the issues with the badly picked parts and replaced em with good ones. 

Added a good 500GB SSD for everything you need.

If he was getting a dedicated GPU, yeah i'd agree.

But personally buying a 4/4 anymore seems kinda a bad idea. 

I bought my kid one and I regret it.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

1 minute ago, Plutosaurus said:

About what 4/4 you are talking about?

I have wrote that i already have SSD and HDD

Well everything else is set in the build then. No explicit need to buy the SSD. The rest of the system i posted is much better than the oke in the OP.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Well everything else is set in the build then. No explicit need to buy the SSD. The rest of the system i posted is much better than the oke in the OP.

Is there any alternative for the case? I just don't like the design of Q300L.

3 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

For his usecase it doesnt matter. And for most it doesnt matter. 4c/4t is good enough and the 2400G is too expencive for what it offers.

4 cores and 4 threads. No hyperthreading or SMT. 

Just now, Amforev said:

Is there any alternative for the case? I just don't like the design of Q300L.

MX330 and MX340 and Fractal Design Focus G. 

11 minutes ago, Amforev said:

4 core 4 thread - the 2200g doesn't have simultaneous multi-threading (SMT). It's like Intel's hyperthreading. It can improve performance by a fairly large margin, depending on the software. The 2400G, along with higher clock speed and faster iGPU, has SMT. So that makes it a 4 core, 8 thread chp.

In this price category I suppose it can be hard to justify, but it usually translates out to better minimum frame rates in most games, and better frame rates in many games overall. Also helps in other productivity tasks that take advantage of the technology.

In the case of the 2200g vs the 2400g, the biggest issue is that alone the price is almost 50% more for SMT and slightly better iGPU. In a vacuum, that doesn't make much sense, and given the limited budget for the system, I can see how people would say the 2400g isn't worth it. But the moment you put in a stronger GPU on later down the line, the value of the 2400g will become apparent. In the bigger picture, if you have to go without a dGPU, the 2400g makes more sense to me.

But that said, if you were getting a dGPU to start with, the 2600 is miles ahead of the 2400g. Not getting a GPU now is what causes this value debate. The 2200g is the cheapest you can get and scrape by, the 2400g is better and is better once paired with a dGPU, but that is paradoxical because with a dGPU, the 2600 makes more economical sense than the 2400g.

I got my son an i3-8350k, which is a 4-core / 4 thread chip. It's good, and doesn't have problems in the games he plays, but I can see it holding him back in the next few years.

13 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

4 core 4 thread - the 2200g doesn't have simultaneous multi-threading (SMT). It's like Intel's hyperthreading. It can improve performance by a fairly large margin, depending on the software. The 2400G, along with higher clock speed and faster iGPU, has SMT. So that makes it a 4 core, 8 thread chp.

In this price category I suppose it can be hard to justify, but it usually translates out to better minimum frame rates in most games, and better frame rates in many games overall. Also helps in other productivity tasks that take advantage of the technology.

In the case of the 2200g vs the 2400g, the biggest issue is that alone the price is almost 50% more for SMT and slightly better iGPU. In a vacuum, that doesn't make much sense, and given the limited budget for the system, I can see how people would say the 2400g isn't worth it. But the moment you put in a stronger GPU on later down the line, the value of the 2400g will become apparent. In the bigger picture, if you have to go without a dGPU, the 2400g makes more sense to me.

But that said, if you were getting a dGPU to start with, the 2600 is miles ahead of the 2400g. Not getting a GPU now is what causes this value debate. The 2200g is the cheapest you can get and scrape by, the 2400g is better and is better once paired with a dGPU, but that is paradoxical because with a dGPU, the 2600 makes more economical sense than the 2400g.

I got my son an i3-8350k, which is a 4-core / 4 thread chip. It's good, and doesn't have problems in the games he plays, but I can see it holding him back in the next few years.

I am probably not going to get a dGPU. The point of this build is to be as cheap as possible with parts that will survive a copule of years (they won't broke).

Personally I'd get the 2400g, but I respect @GoldenLag opinion as perfectly valid as well.

4 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Personally I'd get the 2400g, but I respect @GoldenLag opinion as perfectly valid as well.

I also once had that opinion. But pricing and performance says no. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

I also once had that opinion. But pricing and performance says no. 

The 2400g just gives you a bit more up-front gains and a bit more growing room. Otherwise the 2200g is fine.

12 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

The 2400g just gives you a bit more up-front gains and a bit more growing room.

not really. you are giving it more credit than it deserves

2 hours ago, Amforev said:

Don't get that motherboard. It uses a 4+2 phase VRM, and it has no heatsinks. That's a great way to kill a motherboard. Gamersnexus has covered it. 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Amforev said:

Doesn't really make sense. You could sidegrade to the CX450M for $30 after rebate, or upgrade to the CX450/CX550 for $20/$30. Or to the Focus 450W for $45. 450W is plenty for up to a ~RTX 2070, so there's no need to get a 650W PSU for a mainstream platform PC. 

:)

12 hours ago, seon123 said:

Don't get that motherboard. It uses a 4+2 phase VRM, and it has no heatsinks. That's a great way to kill a motherboard. Gamersnexus has covered it. 

Yes but I am probably not going to overclock iGPU or CPU.