Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elliotclark3401

Outdated bios for cpu help

Posted · Original PosterOP

Okay, after i took my pc to a pc repair shop to see why my pc isnt working and they said it becuase your bios is outdated and your cpu is not compatible for that version of bios, there is no way i can access bios, the monitor says "no signal" so i cant update it manually so is there anyway i can update the bios without getting a new cpu?

Specs
Gigabyte ax 370
Ryzen 5 1600x

Whoever gave you that info needs to get a talking to, they provided you the wrong solution and then didnt even offer to update the bios?

That motherboard 100% works with that cpu out of the box.

What other parts do you have? Is there a graphics card? Because the 1600 doesnt have IG

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓪

1 minute ago, Elliotclark3401 said:

Okay, after i took my pc to a pc repair shop to see why my pc isnt working and they said it becuase your bios is outdated and your cpu is not compatible for that version of bios, there is no way i can access bios, the monitor says "no signal" so i cant update it manually so is there anyway i can update the bios without getting a new cpu?

Specs
Gigabyte ax 370
Ryzen 5 1600x

The shop was supposed to atleast offer a bios reflash... But, I don't think that's the issue. I don't know of a single AM4 board that isnt Zen 1 compatable. RMA your motherboard.

Main PC: AMD Ryzen 1700 (8c/16t), MSI B350 Tomahawk, NDH 15, T-Force Delta RGB 16GB, Asus ROG STRIX RX-580, nVidia GTX 560, Samsung 128GB NVME, Crucial MX-300 1.05TB, 8TB WD Red/White, Corsair CX 750

School Laptop: Early 2014 Macbook Air. Intel i5-4260U, 4GB RAM, 128GB Apple PCI-E SSD, Intel HD Graphics 5000

Phone: iPhone XS Max 64GB: A12 Bionic. 4GB RAM, 6.5-inch 2,688 x 1,242 OLED, 3,174 mAh 

Wearables: Sony 1000XM2

Random devices in various stages of working: Dell Inspiron 1000 (Works perfect other than battery), Late 2008 Macbook Aluminum Unibody (For Sale), Gateway Solo W2000 Laptop (For writing floppies, needs a battery), iBook G4 (For Sale.), Surface 3 (Touch screen is borked, perfect otherwise.), Lenovo G580 (For Sale)

Spoiler

"I looked to the sky in angst and yelled into the vast blue emptiness in hopes for an answer I would not receive. The very next day the sky fell."

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Whoever gave you that info needs to get a talking to, they provided you the wrong solution and then didnt offer to update the bios?

That motherboard 100% works with that cpu out of the box.

What other parts do you have? Is there a graphics card? Because the 1600 doesnt have IG

I have a gtx 950 but the pc repair shop says that they dont have the correct equipment to update the bios

2 minutes ago, Elliotclark3401 said:

I have a gtx 950 but the pc repair shop says that they dont have the correct equipment to update the bios

Not much of a decent shop if they can't assist with one of the most popular platforms

Are you connecting video cables to your gpu?

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓪

Just now, Slottr said:

Not much of a decent shop if they can't assist with one of the most popular platforms

Are you connecting video cables to your gpu?

Yes they suggested to buy a older cpu so i can update the bios then replace it with my currect cpu 

25 minutes ago, Elliotclark3401 said:

Yes they suggested to buy a older cpu so i can update the bios then replace it with my currect cpu 

Any other shop would stick another in a chip of their own and update it for you for either free or at a very low cost. Wouldnt go back there.

Either way, you don't need a bios update, or a new chip for the motherboard to work with the 1600.

Have you tried a different monitor? Different video cables?

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓪

8 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Any other shop would stick another in a chip of their own and update it for you for either free or at a very low cost. Wouldnt go back there.

Either way, you don't need a bios update, or a new chip for the motherboard to work with the 1600.

Have you tried a different monitor? Different video cables?

The shop used different cables and monitors, im pretty sure i need an updated bios as the bios chip on my mobo is glowing orange and the cpu light is red on my mobo, the guy at the shop said that there isnt anything wrong with the the hardware, i just need an updated bios.

43 minutes ago, Elliotclark3401 said:

The shop used different cables and monitors, im pretty sure i need an updated bios as the bios chip on my mobo is glowing orange and the cpu light is red on my mobo, the guy at the shop said that there isnt anything wrong with the the hardware, i just need an updated bios.

The bios led's for that board just indicate which bios its using, as theres 2.

The cpu LED could indicate that the processor doesnt work, so that most likely the problem then.

If you're still set on updating it, then get a boot kit from AMD, but I can guarantee you thats not the issue.

𝓗𝓲 𝓱𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓪

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

The bios led's for that board just indicate which bios its using, as theres 2.

The cpu LED could indicate that the processor doesnt work, so that most likely the problem then.

If you're still set on updating it, then get a boot kit from AMD, but I can guarantee you thats not the issue.

Okay thank you will do