$385 Upgrade for 7 year old pc

I'm trying upgrade my aging i3 3220 build from a more than half a decade ago. I'm from the Philippines and my budget is around PHP 20,000 ~ USD 385 

I've abandoned using my Pc for my laptop years ago, but even my laptop feels a bit sluggish under a heavy mix of engineering programs/gaming recently. Particularly running Autodesk Autocad/Revit/Fusion 360/Blender & TW3/CivV/Cities:Skyline respectively. Not much of a graphics enthusiast, just want to have smooth gameplay. Also do light video editing with Davinci Resolve if that factors in to anything

Peripheral wise I used to run two 1366x768 monitors for my pc but since relegated the second monitor for my laptop. Moving forward I recently bought a 2 screen monitor arm and consolidate my two monitors to my pc again. Basic keyboard / mx anywhere 2s / win 10

Carry overs from my old pc are my:

• GPU - Asus 750ti /  HDD - Segate 1tb  /  SSD - Kingston 128gb  /  Case - generic basic case (thinking of replacing it if possible)

Parts List:

• CPU/RAM/MoBo: 

Ryzen 5 2600 / 8gb ddr4 2400 / Msi B350M PRO-VD PLUS (Bundle)

Php 15,300

link (lazada.ph) This was a pretty neat find for me, cpu motherboard bundles of the 2600 usually cost at least a thousand more than that and doesn't include ram. I bought ram from this seller a month ago and they seem legit.

• PSU:

Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze (SS-620GB) 620W 

Php 3,448

link (lazada.ph) Of all the component categories aside graphics card, power supplies seemed to be the most marked up and limited in terms of options in my area. An alternative I did find is the Corsair cx550m for php 4,250.

• Case: 

Honestly, I'm completely paralyzed by the amount of choices in this category. Can you suggest cases around php 2000 ~ usd 40 y'all like, doesn't have to be from a local marketplace I just want to see what is possible under this price point. Not big on rgb tho.

My gpu will most probably bottleneck the system... I just want to have six cores for that sweet quick blender render. (and mid tier gpus and higher cost like a fortune here). Never OC'ed before but might explore it a bit to eek out that extra performance.

13 minutes ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

Ryzen 5 2600 / 8gb ddr4 2400 / Msi B350M PRO-VD PLUS 

With Ryzen stick to RAM thats over 3000Mhz, anything below will cause significant performance drop. I assume your b350 motherboard already has a BIOS that supports ryzen 2000.

• Case: 

Honestly, I'm completely paralyzed by the amount of choices in this category. Can you suggest cases around php 2000 ~ usd 40 y'all like, doesn't have to be from a local marketplace I just want to see what is possible under this price point. Not big on rgb tho

I'm almost certain Tecware is in PH, and I strongly strongly recommend it. Their cases look amazing and are usually dirt cheap(downside: cable management is hard, build quality is decent though). So far I've used the Tecware Vega F3(highly popular in singapore as it's only around $85SGD(3,273.91PHP). Check out their website, a lot of the cases are around the $50-$60 SGD mark(around 2000PHP), and prices shouldn't differ much in PH since Tecware mainly focuses on South east Asia

• PSU:

Seasonic S12II 620 Bronze (SS-620GB) 620W 

Php 3,448

link (lazada.ph) Of all the component categories aside graphics card, power supplies seemed to be the most marked up and limited in terms of options. An alternative I did find is the Corsair cx550m for php 4,250.

Take a look at cooler master? their masterwatt 550 has been pretty reliable for me and was much much cheaper than other options of the same caliber. It was around 75SGD or ~1900PHP

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Get the CX550M over the S12II jesus christ

Aren't they both tier B in the Psu tier list? 

1 minute ago, _d0nut said:

Take a look at cooler master? their masterwatt 550 has been pretty reliable for me and was much much cheaper than other options of the same caliber

I been referring to the psu tier list for my choice I'm REALLY confused about the masterwatt line. There is the lite, elite, maker, and from what I can gather there is just "masterwatt". 

3 minutes ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

I been referring to the psu tier list for my choice I'm REALLY confused about the masterwatt line. There is the lite, elite, maker, and from what I can gather there is just "masterwatt". 

I was referring to the masterwatt lite line. the Maker is like a high end gaming PSU.

18 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

With Ryzen stick to RAM thats over 3000Mhz, anything below will cause significant performance drop. I assume your b350 motherboard already has a BIOS that supports ryzen 2000.

I'm a bit sketched out by that as well, also the listing says that the cpu and ram is already installed in the board... Is this a common practice for bundles? though the people that bought it seem to say it works. I've asked the seller and so far they haven't answered back.

I've tried overclocking ram in ryzen before. 2400 to something like 2600mhz pretty easily, I'm assuming 2400 to around 3000 will be harder?

22 minutes ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

I'm a bit sketched out by that as well, also the listing says that the cpu and ram is already installed in the board... Is this a common practice for bundles? though the people that bought it seem to say it works. I've asked the seller and so far they haven't answered back.

I've tried overclocking ram in ryzen before. 2400 to something like 2600mhz pretty easily, I'm assuming 2400 to around 3000 will be harder?

It's hard to say if it will be possible. While Ryzen likes fast RAM it's better to have a stable system then one where you BSOD all the time.

37 minutes ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

Aren't they both tier B in the Psu tier list? 

CX550M is Tier B (C because of sleeve-bearing but whatever) and S12II is Tier D

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

42 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

CX550M is Tier B (C because of sleeve-bearing but whatever) and S12II is Tier D

Corsair products are more expensive compared to other similar products(especially PSUs)

1 hour ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

Well yeah, it's likely that you'd have to increase the voltage a lot more.

1 hour ago, NoTxtWhileDrive said:

I'm a bit sketched out by that as well, also the listing says that the cpu and ram is already installed in the board... Is this a common practice for bundles

Not really, it's very hard to pack a motherboard safely with a CPU in it's socket and RAM attached on, especially if the CPU socket lever comes loose and the cpu falls out/the pins break. Usually they pack the items seperately.

37 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

Corsair products are more expensive compared to other similar products(especially PSUs)

The S12II is a low-quality unit from 2007.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

12 hours ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The S12II is a low-quality unit from 2007.

Yeah, it’s still Corsair. Don’t know why but every single product from Corsair I’ve seen have been more expensive than its equal counterparts, whereas Cooler Master was much cheaper than its equal counterparts. It’s probably something to do with shipping.