Help me get the right PSU :3

Stallaster

So I'm getting a new PC soon, the parts are as follows:

• Intel i7-8700
  • 8GB DDR4 Single channel RAM
  • Gigabyte H310M-S2H
  • 1000 GB Seagate 7.2 RPM
  • 500 W Power supply unit

And I understand that this PSU can supply the current build with ease.

In a few months I will be ordering a Graphics card so I can get into gaming, recording and streaming, my worry is that this PSU will not be able to supply the Gigabyte GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8GB since its only a 500 Watt PSU.

Also, The 2nd problem is: The 500 W PSU doesn't have a 8-pin connector which is needed for the GTX 1070. Will buying a 6-pin to 8-pin or similar bridge create instability issues or will it be ok?

I used a lot of online Power calculator thingies and all of them show ~350 Load Wattage and the recommended PSU wattage is ~400 W. When I click their recommended Power Supply I get sent to a 600 W PSU on Amazon, which is overkill? (I don't need any future proofing)

Thanks in advance! ^^ ? 

If the 500W PSU dosnt have an 8 pin or a 6+2 its likely pretty shit. I would never underspend on a PSU seeing as if it blows it can take your entire computer with it and even catch fire, burning down your house.(unlikely but i wouldnt be one to risk it myself.)

Get something from here thats teir 5 and up and it should be fine even after you get the 1070:

Whats with buying all this older hardware though?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

If the 500W PSU dosnt have an 8 pin or a 6+2 its likely pretty shit. I would never underspend on a PSU seeing as if it blows it can take your entire computer with it and even catch fire, burning down your house.(unlikely but i wouldnt be one to risk it myself.)

Get something from here thats teir 5 and up and it should be fine even after you get the 1070:

Thats old tier list my friend. This is a more recent one: 

Get something from tier C or better.

Just now, vladafkv said:

Get something from tier C or better.

i know its old but the new one isnt pinned so i never end up finding it, old one is still decent :P but yah OP use this list, its much more updated

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

42 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Thanks for this list. I'm looking at a few Cooler master 600 W PSU's and I'm getting kinda confused... Since my MOBO (Gigabyte H310M-S2H) needs a 1x24-pin and a 1x8-pin connector and  1x8-pin for my GPU, does that mean I need a PSU that has a 24-pin, 2x8-pin (or 6+2-pin) and an additional one or 2 SATA for my HDD (I'll have one HDD and a M.2 SSD)? 

For example: Cooler master Thunder 600W (http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/thunder/thunder-600w/)

and/or: Cooler master RS-600-ACAB-m4 (http://www.coolermaster.com/service/support/model/RS-600-ASAB/)

I also found some "LC power 600 W PSU's" idk if they are worth bugging with...

12 minutes ago, Stallaster said:

Thanks for this list. I'm looking at a few Cooler master 600 W PSU's and I'm getting kinda confused... Since my MOBO (Gigabyte H310M-S2H) needs a 1x24-pin and a 1x8-pin connector and  1x8-pin for my GPU, does that mean I need a PSU that has a 24-pin, 2x8-pin (or 6+2-pin) and an additional one or 2 SATA for my HDD (I'll have one HDD and a M.2 SSD)? 

For example: Cooler master Thunder 600W (http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/thunder/thunder-600w/)

and/or: Cooler master RS-600-ACAB-m4 (http://www.coolermaster.com/service/support/model/RS-600-ASAB/)

I also found some "LC power 600 W PSU's" idk if they are worth bugging with...

there is a difference between CPU 8 pins, called EPS 8 pin and GPU 8 pins, called PCIe 8 pin. If you mess them up you will blow the board or GPU. Any good 500W and up PSU will have both an 8 pin CPU and an 8 pin for the GPU but they might comes as a 4+4 for the CPU and 6+2 for the GPU.

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there is a difference between CPU 8 pins, called EPS 8 pin and GPU 8 pins, called PCIe 8 pin. If you mess them up you will blow the board or GPU. Any good 500W and up PSU will have both an 8 pin CPU and an 8 pin for the GPU but they might comes as a 4+4 for the CPU and 6+2 for the GPU.

I have settled on a Cooler Master RS-600 it has a 4+4 for my mobo and 2x6+2 for my 8-pin GTX 1070 which shouldn't create any problems?

Thank you all so much for helping me! I am Brand new to understanding PSU's and this was a interesting experienece ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, Stallaster said:

I have settled on a Cooler Master RS-600 it has a 4+4 for my mobo and 2x6+2 for my 8-pin GTX 1070 which shouldn't create any problems?

Thank you all so much for helping me! I am Brand new to understanding PSU's and this was a interesting experienece ❤️ 

Thats a teir 4 or rank D rated PSU, id go for something higher placed if you can but if thats as good as you can do then its probably fine

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Thats a teir 4 or rank D rated PSU, id go for something higher placed if you can but if thats as good as you can do then its probably fine

I'm really low on my budget, the whole setup I listed above including the GPU should be about 700€ and I'm still 200€ short xD ? 

1 hour ago, vladafkv said:

Tell me three relavent changes in the new list...?

Its almost a replica. Both equally useless for OP.

Theres a reason some GPUs require 8-pin as opposed to 6-pin. To allow for higher current. So no, don’t use a 6 to 8 pin adapter.

Where are you buying from?

Just now, Rexper said:

Tell me three relavent changes in the new list...?

Its almost a replica. Both equally useless for OP.

Theres a reason some GPUs require 8-pin as opposed to 6-pin. To allow for higher current. So no, don’t use a 6 to 8 pin adapter.

Where are you buying from?

I won't be using a adapter, I'm getting a Cooler Master RS-600 or Corsair CX600 or Cooler master Thunder 600W. ^^

8 hours ago, Stallaster said:

I won't be using a adapter, I'm getting a Cooler Master RS-600 or Corsair CX600 or Cooler master Thunder 600W. ^^

None of those power supplies are appropriate for your system. Low quality.

Wherre are you buying from?