Weird stuff while off

RobinHtk
Go to solution Solved by Bartholomew,

Might be a psu with decent hold-up time. That way during a powernet glitch dropping power for a split sec the system wont go off or reset. That would be a good thing.

@RobinHtk

Hello LTT people, I have a strange phenomenon on my pc since i built it. When i turn off my psu, if I ever push the power switch of my case it still starts for about half a second.

That certainly means that there is some residual electricity, but is it safe or did I do something wrong?

Might be a psu with decent hold-up time. That way during a powernet glitch dropping power for a split sec the system wont go off or reset. That would be a good thing.

@RobinHtk

Edited by Bartholomew
Spelling, forgot to tag or quote

26 minutes ago, RobinHtk said:

Hello LTT people, I have a strange phenomenon on my pc since i built it. When i turn off my psu, if I ever push the power switch of my case it still starts for about half a second.

That certainly means that there is some residual electricity, but is it safe or did I do something wrong?

Bulk caps are still charged. 

Also stop turning your PSU off with the switch in the back. 

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Bulk caps are still charged. 

Also stop turning your PSU off with the switch in the back. 

I only do that when I am moving my computer from one place to another, every month. Should i just turn it off by windows and then unplug everything? It doesn't seem like a good idea.

6 hours ago, NineEyeRon said:

What motherboard brand do you have?

My motherboard is a MSI b450m mortar titanium

6 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

@RobinHtk

I think i did enable in the BIOS the option that allegedly protect the computer from sudden change in tension and all (I'll find the exact name lol)

7 hours ago, RobinHtk said:

I only do that when I am moving my computer from one place to another, every month. Should i just turn it off by windows and then unplug everything? It doesn't seem like a good idea.

Once a month is fine.  Switch it off when moving it.