First Pc Build Questions

Hadi7200

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GJ4J9J

I am planning on making a budget build to play some games (PC build is above), I am switching from console. The higher end of games that I want to play would be titles like Battlefield 1 or 4 and lower end would be CS:GO or Roblox I just want to know if my pc parts wouldn't bottleneck each other and I would be able to run most games with upward 60 fps and mid-high settings. The thing I am most worried about is my sort of outdated current monitor (Link Below), If it would bottleneck my PC what is a good budget monitor that I can get. Also would my PSU and CPU be able to run a dual monitor consisting of my current one and whatever you guys would recommend to me. Thank You guys.

https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-2159m-lcd-monitor-21-5-series/

No it wont bottleneck, if you plan to do some heavy overclocking a 650w psu would be better. As far as battlefield goes, yes you should have 60 fps with mid settings. As far as the dual monitor setup, dont run like sooooooper demanding workloads, otherwise you should be pretty safe. As far as ur second monitor, you could try a 1440p monitor but games at that resolution like BF1 would go to the lower 40s. I would recommend a 1080p monitor dual setup instead.

Another option is buying a 1440p monitor but running your games at 1080p so that you could watch youtube videos and do other stuff in in 1440p

Welcome to the LTT forums! First your CPU and PSU have little to do with multimonitor support (except for the fact that you need a decent PSU to power your GPU(s) ) that is the responsibility of the GPU. Second your current build would work well with a single monitor setup, it will be able to max out the settings in most games although you may need to reduce the settings in games like Battlefield, if you still plan to go dual monitor (in which case you may want to upgrade your base monitor as it has rather thick bezels) I would recommend upgrading to the new 1660 TI. Besides all of that your build is a solid one, and will perform well for years to come if well maintained. (P.S. Remember to factor in the cost of Windows, as I imagine that coming from console, that you do not want to plunge headfirst into the world of Linux)

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

9 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

(P.S. Remember to factor in the cost of Windows, as I imagine that coming from console, that you do not want to plunge headfirst into the world of Linux)

You can install windows 10 for free, it'll get a watermark in the bottom right corner when the trial runs out, a few settings get soft locked, but it'll stay usable indefinitely (unless MS changes that in the future). Buy the OS license later rather than send someone into that 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

Just now, Cyracus said:

You can install windows 10 for free, it'll get a watermark in the bottom right corner when the trial runs out, a few settings get soft locked. Buy the OS license later rather than send someone into that 

Indeed you can, though there are a some features that get locked down.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

10 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Welcome to the LTT forums! First your CPU and PSU have little to do with multimonitor support (except for the fact that you need a decent PSU to power your GPU(s) ) that is the responsibility of the GPU. Second your current build would work well with a single monitor setup, it will be able to max out the settings in most games although you may need to reduce the settings in games like Battlefield, if you still plan to go dual monitor (in which case you may want to upgrade your base monitor as it has rather thick bezels) I would recommend upgrading to the new 1660 TI. Besides all of that your build is a solid one, and will perform well for years to come if well maintained. (P.S. Remember to factor in the cost of Windows, as I imagine that coming from console, that you do not want to plunge headfirst into the world of Linux)

Thank you alot, I will look more at upgrading for the 1660 TI, I also just plan on having my current monitor maybe just simple tasks while performing more demanding ones on a new one. For windows I have a way of getting it for free >=)

Just now, Hadi7200 said:

Thank you alot, I will look more at upgrading for the 1660 TI, I also just plan on having my current monitor maybe just simple tasks while performing more demanding ones on a new one. For windows I have a way of getting it for free >=)

Your welcome! ?

3 minutes ago, Hadi7200 said:

Go for the Vega 56 if you don't mind a 90W higher TDP, they dropped the MSRP to 279$ (same as 1660 Ti) and it's somewhat better

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

2 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Go for the Vega 56 if you don't mind a 90W higher TDP, they dropped the MSRP to 279$ (same as 1660 Ti) and it's somewhat better

What is TDP?

1 minute ago, Hadi7200 said:

What is TDP?

Maximum amount of power that the card/whatever the fuck else that has a TDP consumes

5 minutes ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Indeed you can, though there are a some features that get locked down.

There's a workaround for everything, even the watermark, nothing I would expect someone to do their first day on a pc, but there's tutorials out there for it

1 minute ago, Hadi7200 said:

What is TDP?

TDP can be two things, one's temperature, the other is power draw, they mean the latter.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

7 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Actually nevermind it was just a sale on NewEgg, if you're in Europe it's still a pretty viable option however

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Actually nevermind it was just a sale on NewEgg, if you're in Europe it's still a pretty viable option however

America...F

4 minutes ago, Hadi7200 said:

What is TDP?

TDP is Thermal Design Power, and as over 95% of the power consumed by a graphics card is released directly as heat by the card itself the term is used interchangeably with with power draw.

Last 2 Questions, I still need a suggestion for a better monitor and what is free sync?

Just now, Hadi7200 said:

Last 2 Questions, I still need a suggestion for a better monitor and what is free sync?

Freesync (or adaptive sync technology) allows for monitor to time it's refresh rate (when it grabs frames and displays them on screen) to match that of the GPU's FPS output allowing for smoother gameplay at lower frame rates, and less frame tearing.