~20 second boot time with NVMe SSD

rayp

Boot sector is on the C drive, so that's perfect. 

I'm afraid there's little we can do to speed it up.  It's probably just the BIOS/UEFI that's taking time to check the hardware ... which includes spinning up the HDD to check its health. 

If it makes you feel any better, your PC still boots in less than half the time that mine takes, and mine only has SSDs inside with a 960PRO as boot drive.

Just now, Spotty said:

Shut down, open the side panel, unplug the HDD, and boot the system. See if that makes it boot faster.

Hentai (Z:)
Capacity: 7452GB
Free Space: 645GB
% Free: 9%

image.png

It's open air, it's just a pain to get the drive bay thing out 

Just now, rayp said:

Just did a test to see the boot order, and I noticed that the screen that lets you enter BIOS doesn't come up until the HDD has fully spun up...

Here is something for you..maybe reconsider you are fine..

SmartSelect_20190223-022543_Chrome.jpg

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

1 minute ago, Livinloud said:

Here is something for you..maybe reconsider you are fine..

SmartSelect_20190223-022543_Chrome.jpg

Wack

8 minutes ago, rayp said:

Just did a test to see the boot order, and I noticed that the screen that lets you enter BIOS doesn't come up until the HDD has fully spun up...

Sounds like it's just the system waiting for the HDD to spin up so it can POST. Completely normal, and nothing you can do to stop it short of unplugging the HDD.

20s is still really good boot times. Much better than the 60+ seconds with HDDs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

If you're getting your boot time from the startup tab in the task manager then I don't think that is very accurate because I just looked at mine and it says 0.0 seconds and I know that it isn't that fast, even with my boot drive being SSD.