New HTC One Leaks

Thats not true, phones should not be a spec race, it's about the experience, a quad core cpu in any phone is not "slow"

Yes, it is true.

Yes, phones should be a spec race. That's how we get progress. Did you know that I had this same conversation about desktops before? People were against dual core CPUs in desktops because it wasn't necessary. If you want to stay interested in hardware, then you should learn to never ever say no to improvements in performance or increased storage/RAM. I had the same conversation when dual core phones were first starting to popup as well. People said phones like the Galaxy S 1 were fast enough. Try using a Galaxy S 1 or similar phone sometime, and then think "I am doing the exact same thing as the people defending this awful phone did ~4 years ago". Imagine this. Try using a Galaxy S 1, and then use your HTC One. Now imagine what the flagship phone from HTC will be like if it continues to evolve this rapidly for the next 4 years as well. Pretty great right?

As soon as you start going "well X is enough" progress will stop.

but what I can't understand is half heartedly updating a phone within a year just for the sales. They won't incorporate most of what you are saying, I bet it'll be a very similar phone , with a 7 megapixel , new and improved "ultrapixel" camera.....

You are new to smartphones, aren't you? HTC, Samsung, Apple, LG, Motorola, Nokia, basically all smartphone manufacturers releases a new flagship at least once a year. HTC is no exception. The HTC One is one of those "half heatedly updates" to the HTC One X which was release about a year prior.

I seriously don't understand your logic. Are you saying you don't want HTC to implement existing technologies that makes the phone better? I am getting the "I don't want my phone to feel outdated so therefore I don't want a new phone to be released" vibe from you. It's a very egoistic way of looking at things.

They should wait 2 years, develop some nice technologies to improve battery life, and improve their software and then stick the best GPU and CPU available to them in it. Otherwise it just becomes a stupid race of a 0.1Ghz improvement every quarter... 

Why wait 2 years when 1 year is enough to see big improvements? I am not talking about minor things here and there, I am talking ~40% improvements in CPU performance, even bigger increases in GPU performance, big power savings with envelope tracking and self refreshing panels. Stuff like that.

I can tell that you're not that knowledgeable when it comes to phones.

I just don't get it. Why are people so against improvements when it comes to phones? You never hear anyone whine that the latest GPU from AMD is too fast and we don't need it, so why do we get this bitching and whining when a new phone is released? Is it because people don't want the phones they got to feel outdated? How come people don't feel the same way about desktop components?

Yes, it is true.

Yes, phones should be a spec race. That's how we get progress. Did you know that I had this same conversation about desktops before? People were against dual core CPUs in desktops because it wasn't necessary. If you want to stay interested in hardware, then you should learn to never ever say no to improvements in performance or increased storage/RAM. I had the same conversation when dual core phones were first starting to popup as well. People said phones like the Galaxy S 1 were fast enough. Try using a Galaxy S 1 or similar phone sometime, and then think "I am doing the exact same thing as the people defending this awful phone did ~4 years ago". Imagine this. Try using a Galaxy S 1, and then use your HTC One. Now imagine what the flagship phone from HTC will be like if it continues to evolve this rapidly for the next 4 years as well. Pretty great right?

As soon as you start going "well X is enough" progress will stop.

You are new to smartphones, aren't you? HTC, Samsung, Apple, LG, Motorola, Nokia, basically all smartphone manufacturers releases a new flagship at least once a year. HTC is no exception. The HTC One is one of those "half heatedly updates" to the HTC One X which was release about a year prior.

I seriously don't understand your logic. Are you saying you don't want HTC to implement existing technologies that makes the phone better? I am getting the "I don't want my phone to feel outdated so therefore I don't want a new phone to be released" vibe from you. It's a very egoistic way of looking at things.

Why wait 2 years when 1 year is enough to see big improvements? I am not talking about minor things here and there, I am talking ~40% improvements in CPU performance, even bigger increases in GPU performance, big power savings with envelope tracking and self refreshing panels. Stuff like that.

I can tell that you're not that knowledgeable when it comes to phones.

I just don't get it. Why are people so against improvements when it comes to phones? You never hear anyone whine that the latest GPU from AMD is too fast and we don't need it, so why do we get this bitching and whining when a new phone is released? Is it because people don't want the phones they got to feel outdated? How come people don't feel the same way about desktop components?

Firstly I never said I don't think improvements are important, because I do. I just don't think minor upgrades to phones are enough to justify expecting people to pay 700 dollars for a new phone. I don't want less improvements, I want them to actually have a valid reason to update them, other than a stupid 1440p screen which the battery can't handle. They are improving things, but not for the better. Like I said we need see real improvements, Desktops are different because you can buy one or two new parts for 100 dollars eachs and continue to use what you have already, that way allowing for upgrades - when they become good enough to invest in! As for what the companies do; just because they do it doesn't mean it's best for the consumer (which is my point of view). I understand your want to improve CPUs and GPUs on phones to in the long term enhance the experience, but improving a CPU clock speeds should not a phone companies focus. What real benefit would faster clock speeds have without any new technologies to go along side them. These companies need to be more innovative, like they can be. They need to stop trying to save power buy optimisation of CPUS and start saving power by developing new batteries or using one of the dozens that entrepreneurs have developed. Anyway my phone history is irrelevant but no, I'm not new to smartphones.

It's not that I don't want the upgrades, it's that a new HTC One will bring little new to the party that will significantly improve usage experience, just as every other companies updates do. I see very little difference between a SG4 and a SG3 on the usage side of things and the same for the newer Lumias vs the older Lumia. The improvements DO NOT JUSTIFY THE PRICE. So what I'm saying is that I'm scared that the phone market is becoming a little stale and over obsessed with money and shareholders

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

I just don't think minor upgrades to phones are enough to justify expecting people to pay 700 dollars for a new phone.

Minor upgrades? 40% CPU performance increase and ~40% GPU performance increase is minor upgrades? That's like going from a GTX 660 to a GTX 770. Most people don't upgrade each year anyway, they upgrade each second year.

I want them to actually have a valid reason to update them, other than a stupid 1440p screen which the battery can't handle.

Oh so you know how much a 1440 screen will affect the battery life on the new phone? Then please tell me because I am very interested. I haven't seen any numbers so it's nice to hear that someone got solid evidence.

I understand your want to improve CPUs and GPUs on phones to in the long term enhance the experience, but improving a CPU clock speeds should not a phone companies focus. What real benefit would faster clock speeds have without any new technologies to go along side them. These companies need to be more innovative, like they can be.

Who said it is the focus? Picking the fastest chip available requires next to no "focus" spent on it. Faster chips enables new technologies to get developed. You can't expect new features to come before we got hardware that supports it. The hardware must come first.

You seem to think that HTC has to go "OK, we can either get this high end chip from Qualcomm, or we can implement this cool new technology instead!". HTC has to do no extra work at all if they decide to get for example the Snapdragon 800 or 805, compared to the Snapdragon 600.

These companies need to be more innovative, like they can be. They need to stop trying to save power buy optimisation of CPUS and start saving power by developing new batteries or using one of the dozens that entrepreneurs have developed. Anyway my phone history is irrelevant but no, I'm not new to smartphones.

Do you understand how the development of these technologies goes? First of all, HTC doesn't make displays/CPUs/flash or anything like that, they just buy stuff from LG/Samsung/Qualcomm/etc. Secondly, improving batteries is really damn hard. You don't just go "well we should focus on batteries" and then all of a sudden you got amazing batteries. Thirdly, different teams work on different parts. It's not the same people developing new batteries that develops the new CPU architecture at Qualcomm. Improvements in CPU performance:watt is done by different companies/peoples as the ones improving batteries. One getting better does not affect the development of the other party.

I have no idea what batteries you are talking about when you say "entrepreneurs have developed".

It's not that I don't want the upgrades, it's that a new HTC One will bring little new to the party that will significantly improve usage experience, just as every other companies updates do. I see very little difference between a SG4 and a SG3 on the usage side of things and the same for the newer Lumias vs the older Lumia. The improvements DO NOT JUSTIFY THE PRICE. So what I'm saying is that I'm scared that the phone market is becoming a little stale and over obsessed with money and shareholders

You do realize this has been going on for like 4-5 years now, right? Each year we see huge improvements in hardware and software. Very little difference between the SG4 and SG3? How about one is much much faster, has a better camera, much nicer screen, longer battery life, wireless charging, can be used with gloves, feels nicer in the hand... the list goes on. Each individual upgrade by itself might not be that impressive, but combined they are very nice.

To be honest I would prefer the better battery life, 1080p is enough for that size of screen, although I can pick out one black pixel on a white background at about 60cm away.

I agree, its not a tablet! 1080p is enough on such a small screen, and id love to get more then a active day out of my phone anyday!

Yeah IMO two days should be the mark they are trying to achieve with moderate use. I can get a day out of the One, handles phonecalls, browsing and music pretty well, gaming will kill it pretty quickly though.

1440p makes it imperfect already...

^^^This

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Loved the original even though it could have been much better i think...the camera was a bit of a let down

it took amazing photos (I have one) but the 4 mp camera is the bottleneck. Hopefully the next one will have 8 mp without changing the size of the pixels.

EDIT:

So i found a more detailed rumor round up of the new one and it has some additional details

• It might have sapphire home button for a fingerprint sensor.
  • Expandable storage via micro SD or SDXC 
  • 10 Megapixel (ultrapixel) camera
  • Edge to edge display
  • $650 Off-contract

If that information is correct then this will be my next phone. That camera could be outstanding and expandable storage is a huge bonus. Im hoping for a removable/replaceable battery, but im guess that wont be done.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

Yeah i did hear about those. Did they replace it?

No they didn't. Mine, like most, has gaps along the top and bottom where the speaker grills connect with the white bezel. It's pretty noticeable and unacceptable for a $650 phone that's otherwise phenomenally built. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Maybe it'll be called HTC One v2 or HTC Two or HTC Zero? :D

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

That whole "one" naming thing will be ruin everything. Like how when you say "xbox 1" no one knows if you mean the old one or the new one. And with this, will it be the new HTC one or the old HTC one. It will ruin things for them.

LOL really? How often are people actually talking about the original Xbox instead of the newest console...

LOL really? How often are people actually talking about the original Xbox instead of the newest console...

sometimes it comes up in conversation. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The difference in time between the original Xbox and the Xbox one was like 8 years. With this it will be the previous gen.

They really screwed themselves over with the naming scheme. HTC Two sounds really bad, they can't name it the One again. One (2014)sounds clunky.

Hopefully HTC has learned from the poor speaker grill design and will improve it. Also, not a big fan of the recessed power button.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

Nice nice lets hope there is also a matte black one too I am planning on the HTC one but just haven't gotten the money saved up for one due to PC upgrading comes 1st LOL

CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2GHz RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-PRO Graphics Card: ASUS DCUII670

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V6GT Case: Cooler Master HAF XM PSU: Corsair TX750M

For the love of god have a 3000 mAh battery minimum and a 8+ ultrapixel camera!!

Hell Yeahs I want a 2K phone especially a HTC one!(If it is that and not 1080p of course) 

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

I heard the same uproar when the first 720p phone screens were released but then a few months later, if a phone didnt have 720p, it got trashed by every consumer and reviewer. Then once again when 1080p phones were released, the same thing happened. And now, once again, its happening with 1440p. Idk, maybe I'm starting to see a pattern here :/ But what do I know. I mean, phones only need 480p screens, and 5 mp cameras are good enough and no one needs LTE Advanced while HSPA+ is plenty fast, right? These same arguments of "we don't need *insert name of new technology or better spec here* " comes along every single time something new happens in the industry, and then a month later, the people who opposed these things somehow turn into their biggest proponent.

Build 1: CPU: Intel i5 2500k @ 4.7 GHz, GPU: GTX 660 Ti, Mobo: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M, RAM: 8GB Samsung "wonder ram" @ 2133 Storage: SanDisk Extreme 240GB

Build 2: CPU: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.6 GHz GPU: GTX 780, Mobo: Asus z87-Pro RAM: Same as build 1. Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

NAS: FreeNAS running on core 2 Quad Q8400, 8GB RAM, 6 x Seagate 2TB. Dont bother with SanDisk SSD's, just don't.

1440p makes it imperfect already...

how so? I don't see how more pixels is somehow an issue when we have all been flipping out about 4K displays

The pixel density at 1080p is easily high enough.  1440p makes no visible difference and takes more horsepower to drive, which reduces battery life.  So basically they'd be purposely designing a product that accomplishes nothing, decreases performance and reduces battery life, and best of all costs more to produce.  Not exactly progress if you ask me.

jesus how many damn time have I heard that one. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0_JrUNevdc

So i came across some really exiting news on the verge yesterday and i searched a lot on the forum but there wasn't a post about it.

Here are some Leaks of the new HTC One:

• It's name will remain the same HTC One not One 2.
  • 5 inch (12.7cm) display, 1440p.(according to GSM arena)
  • Snapdragon 805 Processor
  • Eye dropping build quality

The Camera on the Current One is awesome but it can fall short sometimes so i am really exited to see what they do in term of the camera. Here is a direct quote from The Verge about the New one's camera.

And all these is supposed to be announced in late February at MWC and releasing in March.

Source: The Verge, GSM Arena

I am really exited for the new HTC One beacuse htc has the opportunity to make the perfect phone.  :D

EDIT:

So i found a more detailed rumor round up of the new one and it has some additional details

• It might have sapphire home button for a fingerprint sensor.
  • Expandable storage via micro SD or SDXC 
  • 10 Megapixel (ultrapixel) camera
  • Edge to edge display
  • $650 Off-contract

The screen shot says 1080p display but then in there artilce they say 1440p i guss the only way to know is to wait till the release.

htc-m8-antutu.jpg

I think its just a mock up because i dont think they will put all those red lines.

htc-one-2-m8-concept.jpg

Source: Inferse

the pic says htc concepts so it's definitely a mock up