Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kensei7

Should I Buy This Monitor?

Yeah, it's not too bad. Pretty good price.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

If you aren't in a hurry, check out the buildapcsales subreddit as they will post deals and such.

You can get this, or a similar monitor, for cheaper if you have the patience. Works pretty well if you just sub and occasionally use reddit, you'll see the more popular posts and the comments are super helpful there.

That's how I got a lot of my setup, saved hundreds. Otherwise this is doesn't seem like a bad price at all.

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

Posted · Original PosterOP

1 minute ago, TeenTesla said:

If you aren't in a hurry, check out the buildapcsales subreddit as they will post deals and such.

You can get this, or a similar monitor, for way cheaper if you have the patience. Works pretty well if you just sub and occasionally use reddit, you'll see the more popular posts and the comments are super helpful there.

That's how I got a lot of my setup, saved hundreds.

Well after taking a look I've found a couple more

https://www.microcenter.com/product/478859/xf270hu-27-wqhd-144hz-dvi-hdmi-dp-freesync-gaming-led-monitor

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/Dell-27-Gaming-Monitor-S2716DGR/15167932615035640944_4152828543706745854_125181302?ved=0CAoQ0FUoBGoXChMI--vt08PN4AIVmQezAB2Mmw69EBU

I'm not necessarily in a hurry, but these seem to be fairly decent deals for the foreseeable future

2 hours ago, Kensei7 said:

The dell is a TN, that's a no go for me.

The other acer is just a worse version of the acer you originally linked. 

So if you're buying a monitor now, I'd say the first one is the best of the 3, and the cheapest. Do read the in depth reviews on these though, just to make sure there isn't some big flaw we're missing.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 hours ago, TeenTesla said:

The dell is a TN, that's a no go for me.

The other acer is just a worse version of the acer you originally linked. 

So if you're buying a monitor now, I'd say the first one is the best of the 3, and the cheapest. Do read the in depth reviews on these though, just to make sure there isn't some big flaw we're missing.

worse in what way? they seem to be nearly identical apart from the physical design

20 minutes ago, Kensei7 said:

worse in what way? they seem to be nearly identical apart from the physical design

The first one I saw were rated for HRD400, which might be meaningless if these just came out before that standard.

I'd suggest looking into the in-depth written reviews to differentiate these, and consider who you're buying from (I know Newegg has a horrible 8 min dead pixels for a return, don't know about microcenter, but they have a better reputation, just look into that).