VIP and Tours Sold Out

NTICompass

I tried to get a VIP ticket right as they were available, but when I clicked "buy" I saw an error telling me to refresh.  When I did that, I noticed they were sold out, but it said "2 left".

So, then I tried to get a tour, and when I clicked "buy" I saw an error telling me to refresh.  When I did that, I noticed they were sold out, but it said "5 left".

I don't know if it was because I took too long answering the stupid reCAPTCHA (having to click on pictures of cars or whatever).

Are you going to offer more VIP and/or tour tickets?  I'm sad that I was not able to get one.

Just now, Packman said:

Same. Hope they put out more tickets. 

THEY JUST DID!  GO CHECK!  MORE TOURS AVAILABLE! :D

1 minute ago, NTICompass said:

THEY JUST DID!  GO CHECK!  MORE TOURS AVAILABLE! :D

Same thing happened again. Didn’t even let me do the capcha this time

1 minute ago, Packman said:

Same thing happened again. Didn’t even let me do the capcha this time

Keep trying.  Try a different browser.  You'll get a tour :)

I choose the only tour saying available and now there are more time slots to choose from. Does anyone know how we change the time?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

1 minute ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

I choose the only tour saying available and now there are more time slots to choose from. Does anyone know how we change the time?

That's what I did too.  I saw an open timeslot and grabbed it.  Maybe you can trade with someone?

Just now, NTICompass said:

That's what I did too.  I saw an open timeslot and grabbed it.  Maybe you can trade with someone?

I sent tixr an email. I will let you know what they say.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

FYI I emailed Tixr and this was their response, I have already repurchased an earlier time slot and emailed them for a refund:

FEB 22, 2019  |  12:23PM PST 
Tixr Support replied:

Hi Candice,

Thanks for emailing Tixr!

To process an exchange we will need to refund your entire order, so you will need to re-purchase the desired tickets and any other tickets associated with your order. Please follow the steps below:

1. Purchase the desired tickets, including any tickets you would like to retain from your original order. A full refund will be issued on your original order after proof of new order purchase.

2. Reply to support@tixr.com with the following information on both orders: 
- Order ID 
- Event name and date 
- Name on order 
- Last 4 digits of the credit card used to purchase

Your original order will be refunded upon receipt of this information. You will receive a refund confirmation via email once this has been completed. Please allow up to 5 business days for the funds to appear on your credit card statement.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions!

--- 
Tixr Fan Support 
Love your ticket! 
support@tixr.com 

Read the Tixr Blog: tixr.com/blog 
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tixr 
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/tixr

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Got my tickets. Still kinda bummed because I wanted that vip but it’ll be fun anyways. First time out of the US as well as first con. Super excited?

21 hours ago, Packman said:

Got my tickets. Still kinda bummed because I wanted that vip but it’ll be fun anyways. First time out of the US as well as first con. Super exited?

I'd love have dinner with the LTX guys but honestly, it being sold out helped me out in making a difficult decision. I'm already spending quite a lot on plain tickets alone, let alone playing $400 per ticket.

Is the merch pack still available... I can't see it in the list ?

2 minutes ago, Perky1977 said:

Is the merch pack still available... I can't see it in the list ?

I think it asks you if you want to add it when you buy your tickets. That is what it did for me.

linktr.ee/Elektra57

the VIP were sold within the first minute and have never showed up again. Sad times :(

image.png.43e24c00557263131f81b6128472587c.png

21 minutes ago, PrincessHeinz57 said:

I think it asks you if you want to add it when you buy your tickets. That is what it did for me.

I don't think I was asked :( I wanted to get one for a friend that can't make it... I'll see if they have any left when I'm there :)

1 hour ago, Packman said:

Got my tickets. Still kinda bummed because I wanted that vip but it’ll be fun anyways. First time out of the US as well as first con. Super excited?

Stoked to see you there!

44 minutes ago, Perky1977 said:

I don't think I was asked :( I wanted to get one for a friend that can't make it... I'll see if they have any left when I'm there :)

We're in the process of adjusting this.

1 minute ago, CPotter said:
45 minutes ago, Perky1977 said:

We're in the process of adjusting this.

That's awesome, I might have sent LMG a cheeky e-mail asking also ?

4 minutes ago, comander said:

Registered here just to comment on this:

A. I registered on the ticket site before hand and had my CC info in. I had multiple browsers in different monitors open and was refreshing. I moved about as quickly as humanly possible. I HAD a VIP ticket selected, did the captcha and... it was gone. 

Whoever got a VIP ticket was basically whoever got lucky/fast with their entering. I wish I didn't try to add a normal ticket for my girlfriend, that might have cost me.

B. I think that two things could be done to better address the scarcity, either for a second round of tickets OR for next year. 
  1. Charge what the market will bear. One possibility is setting VERY VERY high prices and then lowering them once an hour until they're sold out.
  2. Add in a merit based factor. Allow people who bought regular tickets to "upgrade" to a VIP ticket by submitting an application to actually buy such an upgrade. This could be similar to a college/university application essay. This could also be combined with the first option (i.e. by giving out a promo code to lower the effective price of buying a ticket). This might need to be limited to a relatively small number of people (more than 20, less than 1000) in much the same way that the original wave of tickets was because reading applications, even at 5 minutes a piece gets time consuming. There is an advantage to #2 though, it helps ensure that the people who show up are reasonably interesting/passionate as well.

I don't think that either choice is perfect but it would go a long way to making sure that people who REALLY want a VIP ticket get one. I admit that this favors people with higher incomes and those who have done a lot of applications (college/university, grad school, work, grants, etc.). 

Understood. Apologies for any issues caused.

28 minutes ago, comander said:

Nothing I can be mad about. No issues caused beyond a dash of hope followed by disappointment. Getting rejected by Harvard was worse back in the day, haha. I recognize that you guys are making an honest effort to be good to your community. THANK YOU. 

I appreciate that. I won't rant too much. 
FWIW, I did sent a similar email to the info page asking if there was anything I could do. I fully expect a "no" (or no response) and I won't bother you any more (unless you initiate any conversation) out of respect. I have to try though, haha. I'm too big of a fan not to. I'm a really passionate Googler (not on Youtube, not responsible for outreach, not in a position to help or harm) who works in their hardware group. All the tech videos I've watched over the years 1. wasted a lot of time 2. helped me get my dream job. 

I am glad you guys are doing such a cool event and I'm excited for it even though the probability of meeting up with you guys in any meaningful way is now slim to none (which is fine; you guys have lives to live; I have people who coo and aww at me because of certain things I'm associated with and I recognize that it can be a bit overwhelming).

Apparently, the way Tixr handles mobile is also a shiteshow, so we're taking note of these different things. We've got a form set up for volunteer applications, feel free to fill out it if you're interested: https://goo.gl/forms/NjoMOYjwQENAYzot1

Rejected by Harvard?! Damn man, well at least you gave it a shot. Regardless of whether or not you volunteer, all of LMG will be at LTX and will be mingling about.