Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LightParticle

Flat black front panel of cases

Posted · Original PosterOP

Why most of the modern pc cases does not have a front panel with a Power buttons and USB/Microphone/Mouse ports? Most are pc cases from most of manufacturer give by design just plain black box without any design. This does not include cases for game builds but they are also black boxes too. Why is that? Whats wrong with fashion of cases?

Cost, and there are people out there like myself that prefer just a straight black box for their PC. I had a flashy PC build for years and it started driving me up the wall. Now I have a Fractal Design Define R5, super quiet case both audibly and visually.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

What cases are you talking about? Almost every consumer case I've seen has all of these.

Hi how are ya

there is front IO on pretty much all cases, its just on the top instead of being ugly as hell on the front panel

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play MTGA & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The Cassette Deck!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I really thought I was loosing it there for a minute.. 

2600X @ 4.275 | H150i Pro w/Kryonaut | X470 Gaming 7 | Liquid Vega 64 | 3400c14 Memory | EVGA P2 750W Platinum | 500GB 970 EVO | 512GB SSD | 2TB HDD | 32" 4k DisplayCorsair K55 Keyboard | Roccat Tyon Mouse | Phanteks Entho Pro M Case PCPARTPICKER