Best build with a GTX 1080 TI

Hi all

I have a GTX 1080 TI and want to build a pc around the GPU. This is a gaming/do everything pc. What would be the best option in regards to motherboard, cpu, memory and SSD's Something to minimize bottlenecking and best optimised. E.g. no point in putting in an i9 if i7 would actually be better paired with the gtx 1080ti. Price here is no limit the most important parts is that all parts should work best with each other.

Thank you

Hi

What monitor are you using ?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Hi

What monitor are you using ?

Hi

I don't have one yet but I believe I will be going with a 144hz 1080p monitor 

8 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Thank you for the recommendations. 

One question though why go with the 8th gen cpu and not the 9th gen?

3 minutes ago, TGOtech said:

Thank you for the recommendations. 

One question though why go with the 8th gen cpu and not the 9th gen?

There aren't any non-K 9th gen CPUs, and I figure since I did a non-overclocking build, it would make no sense to go with 9th gen because the only difference is some structural differences like core count vs Hyperthreading, and soldered IHS for better overclocking.

If you do want to overclock, an i7 9700k would be good inside a Z390 board. However, the value of course favors 8th gen again, and I'd honestly recommend an 8600k in a Z370 board 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I would go 9700k in a z390 Aorus board if you want the best performance.. The 8700 would be a better value.. But if you don't mind the extra premium, I think it's one of Intels better options at the moment (the 9700k, when money doesn't matter).. 

Can't wait until Zen 2 comes out.. Intel is just way over priced..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

52 minutes ago, TGOtech said:

Hi

I don't have one yet but I believe I will be going with a 144hz 1080p monitor 

If you have the budget a 1440p/144Hz - 165Hz would be good for a 1080 ti. The 8700K or 9700K would also be fine if you don't want to fork out on a 9900K.