Budget video rendering PC

Hi all,

I'm in the process of putting together a budget video rendering PC for work. This is so far what I have come up with:

The values in PCPartpicker is not important, as I am based in Denmark and will buy the items here.

Am I completely off the mark with my setup or will this perform decent to good?

Thanks for your time and help :)

Kind regards,

Jesper

get 2nd gen ryzen, not 1st, I don't know how you render, but probably you will benefit from CUDA to render, so go nvidia

I think it's good. I would never get an MSI ARMOR as a GPU since the ARMOR has terrible cooling (and looks ugly af). Other than that it's good.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, wojtepanik said:

get 2nd gen ryzen, not 1st, I don't know how you render, but probably you will benefit from CUDA to render, so go nvidia

I was looking at it, but the budget is killing on this part :( Will have a look at NVIDIA. Got a suggestion in equal price range?

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

I think it's good. I would never get an MSI ARMOR as a GPU since the ARMOR has terrible cooling (and looks ugly af). Other than that it's good.

Cheers for the heads up on cooling. Looks like I should go NVIDIA instead for the CUDA (will be in Premiere Pro).

Just now, TakodaDK said:

I was looking at it, but the budget is killing on this part :(

get used ? + get cheaper board, maybe buy 8gb ram first then 8gb after some time, same with hdd

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Interesting! Will see how much the different parts cost here in Denmark and if they are available :)

1 minute ago, TakodaDK said:

Interesting! Will see how much the different parts cost here in Denmark and if they are available :)

i know denmark is a bit more expensive... but it shouldn't be that much more