Looking for help picking a new monitor

Grarr McGrarr

So... take a peek at my PC stats... I want to upgrade my monitor and I'm looking for a 16:9 1440p with sweet refresh rates around 27inch, probably flat in the 650 GBP range or lower.

But... I don't want to spend money having to update anything inside the tower... as I'm a screaming klutz. As in my hands literally lose control on occasion so I've no desire to do anything like messing with my processor or cooling. I don't want to spend money on features my system can't utilise. For example, is my Titan X (Maxwell) too old for G-Sync?

This is for gaming 99% of the time and 1% of the time for basic image editing. Would also appreciate sockets for headphones and a USB hub... but then I'd also like to fart money... so not essential.

I'e been beating my head off amazon pages for a couple of days finding out what very little I know about monitor specs... TN? IPS? No clue. 1 or 4 MS? No  idea if that's noticeble to me...

Advice? Mockery? Patronising monosyllabic explanations? All welcome.

1 minute ago, Grarr McGrarr said:

So... take a peek at my PC stats... I want to upgrade my monitor and I'm looking for a 16:9 1440p with sweet refresh rates around 27inch, probably flat in the 650 GBP range or lower.

But... I don't want to spend money having to update anything inside the tower... as I'm a screaming klutz. As in my hands literally lose control on occasion so I've no desire to do anything like messing with my processor or cooling. I don't want to spend money on features my system can't utilise. For example, is my Titan X (Maxwell) too old for G-Sync?

This is for gaming 99% of the time and 1% of the time for basic image editing. Would also appreciate sockets for headphones and a USB hub... but then I'd also like to fart money... so not essential.

I'e been beating my head off amazon pages for a couple of days finding out what very little I know about monitor specs... TN? IPS? No clue. 1 or 4 MS? No  idea if that's noticeble to me...

Advice? Mockery? Patronising monosyllabic explanations? All welcome.

in my experience response times don't make that much of a difference

your gpu should be good enough for the near future as long as you dont expect ultra settings and since you're planning to do a bit of image editing i would recommend an ips monitor

Well I can't find it yet in the UK, but keep an eye out for the Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD-SA. This sounds like basically the monitor you are describing and should be in you budget. There are some reviews on YouTube, they seem rather impressed.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Get yourself the Gigabyte AD27QD!! I bought it 3 weeks ago and I’m in love with it mate. Paid €599. Thought that in UK they are around 550£

@Grarr McGrarr

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-aorus-ad27qd-27-2560x1440-144hz-ips-freesync-tactical-gaming-monitor-hdmi-dp-mo-000-gi.html%3ftemplate=amp

there you go mate!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, martward said:

Well I can't find it yet in the UK, but keep an eye out for the Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD-SA. This sounds like basically the monitor you are describing and should be in you budget. There are some reviews on YouTube, they seem rather impressed.

I've got that open in another tab. It looks like it just hasn' shipped to UK retailers yet, being really new. I'm looking at buying around June time, so I' hoping it will be an option around then. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Grarr McGrarr said:

I've got that open in another tab. It looks like it just hasn' shipped to UK retailers yet, being really new. I'm looking at buying around June time, so I' hoping it will be an option around then. Thanks!

Already ships in UK

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD