Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZUVA

ACCESS TO THE BLIND

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a problem or a request:
My mother is blind and she has access to an audio library for the blind in Slovenia...
Because she lives in another city and not "computer" capable I have a machine at her place and remote access it from wherever I am to :
1.Download the books that she reads (listens to) like a nice book worm that she is.
2.the files are Zip- ed and I unzip them then I transfer them to the micro sd card that she puts in the mp3 player.

Now I was hoping to make a suggestion to the Blind society of Slovenia that we implement something like this for all the blind folks in Slovenia that they would have to "they still send cassette tapes or CDs through the mail"... we live in the wrong century...

So here you come in...
You have the experience and know how...
is there a way to make a payload that would work like :::

1. a Blind person would turn on a machine (any kind) put an mp3 player in the USB port ...all can do this.
2. this is the part that I need help with: a payload (on the mp3 player ) would "bypass" the autoplay protection of windows or Mac then call the library server "here I am" and initiate the remote connection to the machine.
3. the blind person would call somebody in the library and order some books.
4. The worker would do the same as me... download and extract.
5. close the connection or turn the machine off...

NOW.... IS THAT POSSIBLE? maybe we need a rubber Ducky... if so on the cheap

Maybe this can be a part of one of your shows...

This has not been (ass far as I know) implemented anywhere in the world an would be a huge help to all blind persons...Now there is another catch the Asociacion of the blind has NO funds to do this and I was hoping that if need be we do this the old fashioned way... pro bono .)
And if you can find the time to give me at least a direction on how to proceed.

If anybody has an idea please help..

to me this sounds like a rather simple software soution but i got questions:

3. how does she know what to order?

is there a webiste for this ? where do you get the zip files from?

how and when do you pay for it ? 

"I know its stupidly overdone and unreasonably unneccesary but wouldnt it be awesome if ..."

CPU: Intel i7 7700k Cooling: Stock cooler (temporary)  MB: ASUS z270i  RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB  GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero  DISPLAY: LG 34UC88-B 21:9 1440p SSD(OS): Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD(Games): Samsung 840 EVO 250GB  HDD(Scratch): WD Blue 500GB HDD(Downloads): WD Blue 320GB HDD(Long-term): WD Green 2TB (external)   PSU: Corsair SF600 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

little off topic, but you could suggest raspberry pies to use with this. they are really cheap

PSU Tier List//Graphics card (cooling) tier list//Build Guide Megathread//Motherboard Tier List//Linux Guide//Build logs///Before troubleshoot//Mark Solved//Off Topic//Community standards

Don't forget to quote or mention me

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: I5-8600k  @4.5 ghz  GPU: GTX 1070 ti EVGA SC Gaming   RAM: 8+8 3360 mhz DDR4 Trident Z   MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC   HDD: 1 TB 7200 RPM Seagate Baracudda, 1 TB 5400 RPM Samsung ECOGREEN   SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB   Soundcard: built in   Case: Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB   Screen: Salora 40LED1500

Second PC: Cedar mill

Spoiler

CPU: i3-2130   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 4+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3    MOBO: HP H series   HDD: 320 GB WD Black 7200 RPM   PSU: HP 250 watt   Soundcard: built in   Case: Sunbeam Quarterback   Screen: IIyama Prolite T2240MTS, Samsung SyncMaster710N

Server: CookieVault

Spoiler

CPU: core2dual E8400   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 2+1+1+1 gb 1333 mhz ddr3   MOBO: HP Q series   HDD: 4x 1tb 5400 RPM Samsung Spinpoint Ecogreen   Soundcard: built in   Case: Compaq 6000 pro mt   Screen: Samsung SyncMaster710n

Laptop : Acer TravelMate 8573t

Spoiler

CPU: I3-2330M   GPU: Intel HD graphics   RAM: 8+2 GB 1333 mhz DDR3   MOBO: Acer   SSD: 250 gb mx500 sata   Soundcard: built in   Case: Acer TravelMate 8573t   Screen: TN 768p

Game consoles:

Spoiler

PS4 slim glacier white 500 gb, PS4 FTP Special Edition 500 gb, Xbox, 3 DS lites, DSI XL, Gameboy Advanced Color, PS Vita v2, Wii, PS3 500 gb

Posted · Original PosterOP
On 2/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, cluelessgenius said:

to me this sounds like a rather simple software soution but i got questions:

3. how does she know what to order?

is there a webiste for this ? where do you get the zip files from?

how and when do you pay for it ? 

Yeah... 

so she calls the library employee and orders the book... then the employee does all the stuff above...

They have free unlimited access ...

So just need Rasberry pies...and a "hack"...???

Thankx for all the ideas...