System won’t turn on

MynameaJEFFtoo

I’ve had my pc for about 6 months and I just saved up for a GPU. (Asus rx 460) Anyways I open up the pc open up the slots for the graphics card and insert. I forgot to connect the pcie to it so I tried to start it up and the pc wouldn’t turn on. I thought it was something to do with the pcie so I plugged it in and it still wouldn’t turn on. Blank screen, fans won’t spin, nothing. The only light is on the GPU, red when there’s no pcie, white when there is.  I triple checked all the wires and their all connected. I tried without the GPU and still nothing. I need help troubleshooting. I think I may have killed either the motherboard or psu with static. 

7 minutes ago, MynameaJEFFtoo said:

I’ve had my pc for about 6 months and I just saved up for a GPU. (Asus rx 460) Anyways I open up the pc open up the slots for the graphics card and insert. I forgot to connect the pcie to it so I tried to start it up and the pc wouldn’t turn on. I thought it was something to do with the pcie so I plugged it in and it still wouldn’t turn on. Blank screen, fans won’t spin, nothing. The only light is on the GPU, red when there’s no pcie, white when there is.  I triple checked all the wires and their all connected. I tried without the GPU and still nothing. I need help troubleshooting. I think I may have killed either the motherboard or psu with static. 

yes you could have, but its unlikely may i ask how much you paid for the card

1 hour ago, Earnist_ said:

yes you could have, but its unlikely may i ask how much you paid for the card

95$ It was refurbished so I wonder if that had something to do with it. 

Just now, MynameaJEFFtoo said:

95$ It was refurbished so I wonder if that had something to do with it. 

well honestly the 460 sucks , i know for a fact 100 usd can get you a gtx 970 which is much better than a rx 460 so if you can still return the card do that and pick up a used gtx 970 on ebay youll have a much better experience

2 hours ago, MynameaJEFFtoo said:

I really doubt you killed anything with static. Just contact support and return the GPU. It's likely defective from the factory.  Here's Jay showing how hard it is to kill a computer with static by literally trying to kill it with static on purpose :P 

2 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

I really doubt you killed anything with static. Just contact support and return the GPU. It's likely defective from the factory.  Here's Jay showing how hard it is to kill a computer with static by literally trying to kill it with static on purpose :P 

I watched this video trying to figure out what happened and I doubt it was static because there was no smoke or arc that I saw. I just don’t know what else it could be.