2 case fans enough for budget build?

Kurography

Hey guys,

All the pieces for my cousin´s budget build have finally arrived and as for the case I got him an NZXT H500, which does in fact come with 2 of their own AF120 fans (one is placed at the top of the case and one on the rear). The PC has a GTX 1060 6GB and an i5 8400, cooled with the cooler that comes with it.

However I´m starting to wonder whether 2 case fans will be enough, if I were to put the top fan to the front and leave the rear front where it is. The system itself is not too powerful so I´m not expecting it to become too hot, although I can´t really be sure about that. That´s why I´m asking you:

Should I buy one more fan so I have 3 case fans or are 2 just fine for that amount of hardware?

Thanks for any answers :D

13 minutes ago, Kurography said:

Hey guys,

All the pieces for my cousin´s budget build have finally arrived and as for the case I got him an NZXT H500, which does in fact come with 2 of their own AF120 fans (one is placed at the top of the case and one on the rear). The PC has a GTX 1060 6GB and an i5 8400, cooled with the cooler that comes with it.

However I´m starting to wonder whether 2 case fans will be enough, if I were to put the top fan to the front and leave the rear front where it is. The system itself is not too powerful so I´m not expecting it to become too hot, although I can´t really be sure about that. That´s why I´m asking you:

Should I buy one more fan so I have 3 case fans or are 2 just fine for that amount of hardware?

Thanks for any answers :D

I mean it sounds fine. I wouldn't recommend overclocking especially with the stock cooler it comes with. If you wanna buy another fan it would never hurt for it to be more cool.

1 minute ago, VinZie said:

I mean it sounds fine. I wouldn't recommend overclocking especially with the stock cooler it comes with. If you wanna buy another fan it would never hurt for it to be more cool.

So should I move the top fan to the front, so there is at least some kind of front intake?

3 minutes ago, Kurography said:

So should I move the top fan to the front, so there is at least some kind of front intake?

I mean you do you. Just remember airflow have an intake and a exhaust.

6 minutes ago, VinZie said:

I mean you do you. Just remember airflow have an intake and a exhaust.

I know I was just asking if it was better to have the intake at the front and the exhaust at the rear, or to have the intake at the top and the exhaust atthe rear

Just now, Kurography said:

I know I was just asking if it was better to have the intake at the front and the exhaust at the rear, or to have the intake at the top and the exhaust atthe rear

Yeah that doesn't sound bad. Go ahead and stick it in the front so you have airflow throughout the entire system.

Just now, VinZie said:

Yeah that doesn't sound bad. Go ahead and stick it in the front so you have airflow throughout the entire system.

Thanks, will do!