Thoughts on first pc

So im wanting to build my first pc and these are the parts I have picked out. I just want to know what you guys think. As a side note it did say the M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. From what I can tell it’s not an issue but just wanted to check with more experienced people first.

F46E4AEF-9343-444B-9A95-F8F1949A95C0.png

D46A33AA-275D-4F8B-9B6B-CC67A0FFB00E.png

I think i can do a lot better... what is your budget, location (as in country), preferences and do you have anything from this?

If you can post the quick link to the PCPP list it will embed it in to the forum - no need for screenshots of the list.

Expensive motherboard for a locked processor. The i7 8700 cannot be overclocked. You need the 8700k if you want to overclock.
The RM750x White is quite expensive - really only good value if you were planning on buying the normal RM750x and separately buying custom sleeved white cables to match a white build, though looking at your case and other parts list it doesn't look like you're going for a white theme so I'd say go for a RM550x instead which costs roughly half as much. You could put the money you save on the PSU towards other components, such as getting the overclockable 8700k instead of the locked 8700, for example.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I think i can do a lot better... what is your budget, location (as in country), preferences and do you have anything from this?

So my budget is about $1,500-$1,600 at most. Coutry is USA, and preferences would probably be 1080-1440, high settings, and still hitting a solid 60 id say that’s what im aiming for.

3 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

get 9900k over 8700 and 240 AIO

you know you have picked all the premium brands, right?

It’s the brands I know so I kinda started there but im absolutely open to switching out to whatever as long as it works well. 

5 minutes ago, Spotty said:

If you can post the quick link to the PCPP list it will embed it in to the forum - no need for screenshots of the list.

Expensive motherboard for a locked processor. The i7 8700 cannot be overclocked. You need the 8700k if you want to overclock.
The RM750x White is quite expensive - really only good value if you were planning on buying the normal RM750x and separately buying custom sleeved white cables to match a white build, though looking at your case and other parts list it doesn't look like you're going for a white theme so I'd say go for a RM550x instead which costs roughly half as much. You could put the money you save on the PSU towards other components, such as getting the overclockable 8700k instead of the locked 8700, for example.

Alright thank you very much for the suggestion. I’ll swap out the RM750x then for the RM550x and put it towards a 8700k instead which will be nice having an overclock option. 

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Thats a nice build but I would replace the I5 and z390 with a ryzen 7 2700X and a X470 board. 

1 minute ago, aaradorn said:

Thats a nice build but I would replace the I5 and z390 with a ryzen 7 2700X and a X470 board. 

is a option, but if we look at it from a pure gaming perspective it's a bit worse in most...

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

This does look pretty good actually. And it’ll have very little issue doing the settings im looking for then?

Just now, Left4Donkeys said:

This does look pretty good actually. And it’ll have very little issue doing the settings im looking for then?

it can do 1440p 144hz if you want it to in a lot of games

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

is a option, but if we look at it from a pure gaming perspective it's a bit worse in most...

Indeed, a bit worse in gaming but not by much anymore. Maybe 1-5% worse. (unless its a multithreaded game, those games love the ryzen 7) All other tasks are a lot faster and if he does any editing he will love the ryzen cpu.

PS. G E K O L O N I S E E R D

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

it can do 1440p 144hz if you want it to in a lot of games

Hmmm alright I’m definitely gonna keep your build suggestion on hand then because it sounds like it would be pretty perfect for me.

2 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Indeed, a bit worse in gaming but not by much anymore. Maybe 1-5% worse. (unless its a multithreaded game, those games love the ryzen 7) All other tasks are a lot faster and if he does any editing he will love the ryzen cpu.

I don’t plan on doing any editing at least as I can see. This pc would pretty much be soley for just playing games.

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

Indeed, a bit worse in gaming but not by much anymore. Maybe 1-5% worse.

yep... it's in the end a own choice here. both are good processors

4 minutes ago, aaradorn said:

wat? waarom?

Just now, aaradorn said:

You are a dutchy, when there is another member, we say GEKOLONISEERD over on reddit.

ah, i don't have reddit tbh

goed om te weten