B360M Aorus Gaming 3

8GB DDR4 2666mhz HyperX 

Asus Strix RTX2060 OC 6GB

500W HP

120GB SSD

1TB HDD

Coolermaster MB510L

Would it better off with a 8700 or 8700K

Is it just for gaming? 8700 is fine, even 8400. Maybe invest in a larger SSD or 16GB of ram if you have that extra budget.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Technically yes, you would be better off with an 8700k, but the difference would be minimal in the majority of applications.

What would make much much much much much much more sense is to upgrade from that 8gbs to 16gbs. In fact, do that before anything else.

8gbs is barely enough these days to game on, coming from someone who's laptop is limited to 8gbs, its a constant problem.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

Technically yes, you would be better off with an 8700k, but the difference would be minimal in the majority of applications.

What would make much much much much much much more sense is to upgrade from that 8gbs to 16gbs. In fact, do that before anything else.

8gbs is barely enough these days to game on, coming from someone who's laptop is limited to 8gbs, its a constant problem.

Lmao, brother, I would kill for 8gigs. I have 4 :(

Damn microsoft and their unupgradeable devices

But yeah, get 16.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just now, SwagMaestro said:

Lmao, brother, I would kill for 8gigs. I have 4 :(

Damn microsoft and their unupgradeable devices

But yeah, get 16.

thats just not even workable for daily use with the current state of web browsers, holy crap. Feelsbadman

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Maybe re-think your phrasing, All answers will be biased.

Personally I always say K or bust, Overclocking is great.

Value oriented will say 8700 or even suggest a slower CPU, because "you don't need more"

So, if you are too scared to overclock, just get an 8700, if you'd like to dabble, get the 8700k. Just noticed you're getting a b360, so you shouldn't bother with a K since you can't overclock on those boards as far as I know.

I'll also recommend if you're going with an i7 that you should really get dual channel memory. you didn't specify if it is 1x8GB stick or 2x4GB sticks.

46 minutes ago, TheFlyingMonkey said:

Coolermaster Hyper 212

no, just no

46 minutes ago, TheFlyingMonkey said:

8GB DDR4 2666mhz HyperX 

16 gigs?

47 minutes ago, TheFlyingMonkey said:

Asus Strix RTX2060 OC 6GB

strix? why?

3 hours ago, Labeled said:

Value oriented will say 8700 or even suggest a slower CPU, because "you don't need more"

So, if you are too scared to overclock, just get an 8700, if you'd like to dabble, get the 8700k. Just noticed you're getting a b360, so you shouldn't bother with a K since you can't overclock on those boards as far as I know.

I'll also recommend if you're going with an i7 that you should really get dual channel memory. you didn't specify if it is 1x8GB stick or 2x4GB sticks.

Regarding this, i plan to upgrade to a Z-series mobo and get 16Gb ram then with a higher frequency probably 2/3 months time. Would it be better to get a 8700K now and then use the b360 and 8gigs till then ? 

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

no, just no

16 gigs?

strix? why?

On regards to CM Hyper 212, what's the reason ?

Strix, i got a deal which was worth a low end 2060 card :) that's why

3 hours ago, Labeled said:

Also I'm getting a 8gigs 2666mhz card now to run on the b360 which will be transferred to a friend's low end gaming pc once i get a new z-series with a better RAM

1 hour ago, TheFlyingMonkey said:

On regards to CM Hyper 212, what's the reason ?

because it's old and surpassed by others. the 40 bucks costing arctic freezer 34 esports duo is a great example of that

1 hour ago, TheFlyingMonkey said:

Strix, i got a deal which was worth a low end 2060 card :) that's why

sounds fair enough