Will i7 8700 be bottlenecked by RTX 2060

Pandam

Hey

I am in process of building my rig and I am wondering if Intel Core i7-8700 will be bottlenecked(too much) by EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Black Gaming(6GB)?

it will. but you shouldn't worry about it, a bottleneck always excists

it's a solid combo imo, but i would personally prefer a k series, but that might be me

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it will. but you shouldn't worry about it, a bottleneck always excists

it's a solid combo imo, but i would personally prefer a k series, but that might be me

Ye, I know bottleneck must exist but Im just worried its not too bad.

Hmm, is there any reason(except preferential) to go with k series if this one will be bottlenecked already by GPU?

6 minutes ago, Pandam said:

Hey

I am in process of building my rig and I am wondering if Intel Core i7-8700 will be bottlenecked(too much) by EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Black Gaming(6GB)?

No, not in any practical way in the overwhelming number of cases

Just now, Pandam said:

Ye, I know bottleneck must exist but Im just worried its not too bad.

Hmm, is there any reason(except preferential) to go with k series if this one will be bottlenecked already by GPU?

an 8700 is a perfectly fine choice for something as moderate as a 2060.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

5 minutes ago, Pandam said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pand4mir/saved/xqgV6h

Will something like this be a good combination of components for mid to high gaming(I dont expect 200fps in new games).

I plan on playing all new games(AC Odyssey and such) 

you can still get that cheaper... and better

2 minutes ago, Pandam said:

Will something like this be a good combination of components for mid to high gaming(I dont expect 200fps in new games).

You will be able to easily get 60fps in games running at 1080p with that set up. 

Also if the GPU bottlenecks your CPU it doesn't mean that getting a different CPU will give you better FPS. So unless you want to spend more money on a GPU the "bottleneck" really doesn't matter.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

10 minutes ago, Pandam said:

Hmm, is there any reason(except preferential) to go with k series if this one will be bottlenecked already by GPU

if you like to overclock

and how one game prefers threads, the other one will do on clock speed. it's depending on the game

6 minutes ago, Pandam said:

500gbs is a bit limiting for a single drive. If it were me i would throw another 20$ down and get the 1tb 860 evo, which is plenty fast and has enough storage for a handful of large games.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I think calling it a bottle neck might be a weird way of putting it. It won't slow down your CPU, while your cpu might end up with less to do, its not causing it to run slower like a slow CPU would do to a fast GPU.

It would be better not to think of two bottles connected always having a bottleneck. If a component isn't being slowed down by another, it isn't a bottleneck. 

While yes your CPU would get more frames with a faster gpu, you aren't harming its own performance by using a slower GPU. While with a slow CPU you would harm the performance of the GPU from its potential. 

2 hours ago, Atmos said:

500gbs is a bit limiting for a single drive. If it were me i would throw another 20$ down and get the 1tb 860 evo, which is plenty fast and has enough storage for a handful of large games.

Ye, thats one of the changes I will go for. I was thinking of getting HDD 1TB but I think 1TB SSD is better and I can always plug in external HDD or SSD to store data