Is there any way to o run two OS in one system?

SGBudgetGamer
Go to solution Solved by FlappyBoobs,
2 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

I think she meant the first one, she wants both Windows 10 and Apple OS

If it's an Apple device that just needs to run a few windows apps then I would recommend parallels. You can then choose to run either in "full screen mode" where it feels like you are running windows on your mac or in "Coherence mode" which allows you to simply run the windows apps as if they were native to the mac. One of the big benefits of parallels is that it allows you to choose which OS to run, so you've got multiple Linux distros available as well as windows 10...it's also an automatic installation, just install parallels and then follow the on screen instructions to download and install windows 10.

Thanks. 

In Darkness We Seek A Light, In Light We Seek The Darkness.

Dennis Cromwell. 

With Questions We Seek An Answer, With A Answer We Seek Out More Questions.

My Interpretation. 

2 minutes ago, CUDAcores89 said:

You mean have two OS installed on one system? Yes, that's called dual booting. Or do you mean having two OSes on the same machine running simutaneously? Sort of. The closest thing to this would be a VM running within a pre-existing OS.

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

5 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

like at the same time or just either of them?

2 minutes ago, SGBudgetGamer said:

If it's an Apple device that just needs to run a few windows apps then I would recommend parallels. You can then choose to run either in "full screen mode" where it feels like you are running windows on your mac or in "Coherence mode" which allows you to simply run the windows apps as if they were native to the mac. One of the big benefits of parallels is that it allows you to choose which OS to run, so you've got multiple Linux distros available as well as windows 10...it's also an automatic installation, just install parallels and then follow the on screen instructions to download and install windows 10.

6 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

Thanks 

Dennis Cromwell. 

My Interpretation. 

48 minutes ago, FlappyBoobs said:

And pay for it too yearly...

just use built in boot camp. Yes you have to reboot to choose OS but it’s free and works fine

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

And pay for it too yearly...

it's €80 lifetime license for home use (no free upgrades).

I get that some people think that "free is better" because it's free, but there are some of us out here that actually like a nice experience doing what we want to do and can afford to spend a little bit of money doing it. Also you can't copy between windows and mac programs with bootcamp, it doesn't run both AT THE SAME TIME, which is the whole point of parallels. 

Think of it like this; You are writing a document in mac OS, but need to open up your companies HR software that is windows only to just double check the name and e-mail of the person you are referencing. In your solution you have to save your work, restart the machine, boot into windows, load up the HR software, write down the name on paper, restart the machine, boot into mac os, load your document then type in the name. In my solution you just open the HR software, copy the name and paste it into your document. 

Some people prefer a seemless experience to saving a small amount of money, and a mac user is much more likely to be that sort of person.

1 hour ago, FlappyBoobs said:

it's €80 lifetime license for home use (no free upgrades).

I get that some people think that "free is better" because it's free, but there are some of us out here that actually like a nice experience doing what we want to do and can afford to spend a little bit of money doing it. Also you can't copy between windows and mac programs with bootcamp, it doesn't run both AT THE SAME TIME, which is the whole point of parallels. 

Think of it like this; You are writing a document in mac OS, but need to open up your companies HR software that is windows only to just double check the name and e-mail of the person you are referencing. In your solution you have to save your work, restart the machine, boot into windows, load up the HR software, write down the name on paper, restart the machine, boot into mac os, load your document then type in the name. In my solution you just open the HR software, copy the name and paste it into your document. 

Some people prefer a seemless experience to saving a small amount of money, and a mac user is much more likely to be that sort of person.

okay fair point!

I had my macbook also bootcamped but that was for playing games only so to me it didnt matter. I do see where your coming from from a efficient point of view

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD