Titan Xp to 2080 Ti or not?

Substance

My work load is %80 video/photo editing, %20 gaming. I use adobe premiere and davinci resolve studio. Currently 4K content or less.

Current setup:

Asus proart pa329q 4k monitors ( no hdr, 60hz only)

i9 7980xe delidded @4.4GHz all cores stable.

Asus Rampage 6 extreme board

128gb dominator ram @3000MHz

ax1600i psu

2x titan Xp SW edition (hb sli bridged)

I am going to go custom loop water cooling on the cpu + mobo and gpus. 

Should I upgrade to 2080 TI’s on the gpus?

Is 4k 60fps gaming with ray tracing impossible even on nvlinked dual 2080 ti on water?

any sense in considering Titan RTX at all? Do I need 24GB vram for 4K content editing?

8 minutes ago, Substance said:

My work load is %80 video/photo editing, %20 gaming. I use adobe premiere and davinci resolve studio. Currently 4K content or less.

You should have enough pcie lanes to keep the two current cards and get a single 2080ti just for gaming right?

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

You should have enough pcie lanes to keep the two current cards and get a single 2080ti just for gaming right?

that would indeed be insane...i like the idea :D

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

The 2080ti performs VERY similarly to the Titan XP in video/photo rendering via vegas and adobe premier. Now, I have no doubt that an RTX 2080Ti SLI (NVLINK) setup will out class a Titan XP SLI setup. The reason it woud beat XP SLI is NVLINK is a far superior technology as far as bandwidth and communication between the 2 cards, as a result it will have the chance to run more stably. For gaming, there's no question that the RTX 2080ti would outperform a TItan XP by a hefty margin so if you're into those new technologies and are seeking better performance then dual 2080ti's might be the way to go. I wouldn't even consider the 2 RTX Titans considering they're 2,500$ USD a piece. You're now spending 5 grand on 2 cards when you can get the similar 2080ti for about 1,250 USD.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

Not sure if troll post because first post Listing highest end hardware possible and such and not knowing this but you delidded your cpu. But if not there is almost 0 difference for Photo and video editing with GPUS at that point, they just are not utilized enough

Unfortunately I have several samsung 960 pros, a video capture card and an intel optane 905 which eat up a lot of pcie lanes. 

I have two pcie slots available in x16/x0/x16. 

Premiere doesn’t really use much GPU but Davinci does. Studio version utilizes multiple GPUs as well. Puget systems review mentions %25 improvement for 2080 ti over Titan xp for Davinci. But these reviews are on stock cooler vs stock cooler. The blower on the Titan Xp is a bigger bottle neck than the dual blades on RTX cards. Water vs. water, the gap might be smaller? 

16 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Not sure if troll post because first post Listing highest end hardware possible and such and not knowing this but you delidded your cpu. But if not there is almost 0 difference for Photo and video editing with GPUS at that point, they just are not utilized enough

I bought the cpu delidded and binned from siliconlottery.

I can find a lot of gaming benchmarks for gpus but very little for video editing. What you said is true for all video editing software but Davinci. 

Just now, Substance said:

I bought the cpu delidded and binned from siliconlottery.

I can find a lot of gaming benchmarks for gpus but very little for video editing. What you said is true for all video editing software but Davinci. 

https://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/3399-best-workstation-gpus-2018-for-adobe-premiere-autocad-vray-and-more

Here are all the benchmarks you could want

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor