Advice on finalizing my build

ELTEdeathPIR4T3

Hey all, I started a “build” a few weeks ago. I got a good price on a new beautiful Corsair case and an Asus rog strix rtx2060. 

My old mobo and cpu are just in need of an update. I’m trying to future proof the rest of the system the best I can.

im looking to get an i9 9900k ( I’m pretty set on this)

the mobo that seems to be the best is the gigabit auros master z390.

i am having a hard time understanding what memory I should be looking for 2666? 3000? 3200? 4400? So man to choose and cas? Wtf I’m overwhelmed with the info I look up. Am I choosing the right mobo? Do I need a contained liquid cooler for the cpu? What memory should I be looking for? I appreciate any suggestions or explanations of why I should get what memory.

get 3200 dont worry about cas latency. 

i would get the asus mobo. their uefi is MUCH better. 

9900k is very hard to cool so try to find the best AIO ("contained" liquid cooler) you can afford. 

Almost any RAM will be fine, don't worry so much about the frequency, it's not that important with Intel. Just get a good 2400+ MHz kit and don't worry about the timings.

You can use any cooler you'd like, I prefer AIOs, some don't like it and would recommend a nice air cooler over it but I see that you're not on a limited budget. Get whichever you like. I prefer Corsair AIOs over the others, personally.

That motherboard is one of the best and will serve you well.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

1 minute ago, Saksham said:

get 3200 dont worry about cas latency. 

i would get the asus mobo. their uefi is MUCH better. 

9900k is very hard to cool so try to find the best AIO ("contained" liquid cooler) you can afford. 

I wouldn't use an Asus Z390 board at all with a 9900K. They lack quality VRMs this time around and their BIOS doesn't justify it's purchase. Gigabytes BIOS are just fine, you don't need a pretty BIOS as you're not looking at it every day.

Get the Aorus master. It's the best board under $300.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

If you have a 9900k and a high end z390 board you might as well worry about the ram frequency and latency because you are going top of the line. 

For frequency higher than 3000 MHz and latenzy lower than 16 CL