i9 9900k build

Kenny427

Hello, I am building around i9 9900k and I have these options on MoBo and GPU. 
Should I go with the default MoBo and GPU? Why is there so many different prices for the same 2070 GPU?
The options on this page is the only available ones so it cannot be any others than these.

Skjermbilde3.PNG

Get the Z390 Pro Carbon motherboard. The GPU, that's up to you, I'm sure the default one will be fine, it just might run a little louder compared to a card with a better cooling system.. I don't really know what currency that is, but I would go with an MSI Armor card, like the one below it. The ROG Strix probably isn't worth it since it looks like you can get a 2080 for that price. At least change the motherboard, the GPU should be okay..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

I was thinking about choosing the Gainward Gefordce RTX 2080 Triple Fan instead of the 2070 Ventus. It is almost 400 USD more expensive, this is NOK currency.

So with the MSI Mobo I should be good? 

4 minutes ago, Kenny427 said:

I was thinking about choosing the Gainward Gefordce RTX 2080 Triple Fan instead of the 2070 Ventus. It is almost 400 USD more expensive, this is NOK currency.

The MSI will do fine. The Asus boards really suck this time around due to lacking VRMs.. I think the 2080 would be a better choice as well since the 2070 is just priced poorly altogether with the 2060 only being about 10% behind it in terms of performance.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

7 minutes ago, Kenny427 said:

Yes, MSI makes incredibly good quality motherboards that overclock like crazy both CPU and RAM.  They are relevant now, which they weren't some time ago.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, ChewToy! said:

The MSI will do fine. The Asus boards really suck this time around due to lacking VRMs.. I think the 2080 would be a better choice as well since the 2070 is just priced poorly altogether with the 2060 only being about 10% behind it in terms of performance.

What I really dont understand about this is that the price difference between the 2070 ventus and the 2080 gainward triple fan, is 1700 NOK, but if I choose to upgrade on this page it says the price difference is 3683 NOK. 

Just now, Kenny427 said:

What I really dont understand about this is that the price difference between the 2070 ventus and the 2080 gainward triple fan, is 1700 NOK, but if I choose to upgrade on this page it says the price difference is 3683 NOK. 

Your best bet is to just build your own PC. If you tell me your exact location I will put together a list with guaranteed better parts and it will probably be the same price or better.

I am from Norway and the best store to buy PC parts here would be www.komplett.no 

1 hour ago, Kenny427 said:

I am from Norway and the best store to buy PC parts here would be www.komplett.no 

You need to quote me or @Kenny427 me as I just now saw this lol.

What's the total price of the system with the RTX 2080 included?

Here's what I got using that site you mentioned. I still don't know what the price was for the prebuilt you were looking at but this would be a great build. If you told me your max budget, I could make it better, too. I went with the Noctua cooler, but you can change that to whatever you want, just make sure it can handle a 9900K. I would personally get an AIO for mine, but that isn't necessary whatsoever..

norway.thumb.jpg.161cddca18d0968aec334cd1b6137c23.jpg

Ended up buying this. I already have the noctua cpu cooler and i9 9900k and 650w psu.
Does it look good? @ChewToy!

Skjermbilde3.PNG

2 minutes ago, Kenny427 said:

Ended up buying this. I already have the noctua cpu cooler and i9 9900k and 650w psu.
Does it look good? @ChewToy!

Skjermbilde3.PNG

Yupp, looks good. I just would have gotten a Gigabyte Aorus motherboard over that one, but I'm sure it'll be ok.