HTC One vs Samsung Galaxy S4?

Aerozonea

My vote is for the HTC One. I bought one when it released and absolutely love it. I came from an iPhone 4, which I was deathly scarred of destroying the glass. Sigh and despite keeping an Otter box defender series case on it for two years... it still cracked.

Anyways the feeling of the HTC One is incredibly premium and very solid. I am not afraid of using it without a case. The screen is brilliant and the front faceing speakers make watching videos a delight. Another not too often mentioned thing is the use of LED's on the front hidden in the speakers which are used as notifications and pretty customizable. It is very handy to be able to just look at the blinking dots to see what notification you have whether it be sms or email. The huge lense renders very detailed pictures and just really quality photos.

The best feature hands down though is the incredible battery life. Using the speakers I listened to music on an 8 hr car ride and used up maybe 40% battery? Incredible.

I have not had any experience witht the S4 or S3 for that matter but there is little to wish for with the HTC One.

I have owned the S2, S3, Note 2, and S4 and have NEVER ONCE used Kies. They have OTA updates, or you can get on newer firmwares by rooting and flashing a ROM. I am sure Kies is better than iTunes which is AWFUL (owned the 3g, 3gs, 4, and 4s)

Ive got the HTC One and im loving it. You wouldnt regret getting it!

I personally would be going Samsung Galaxy S4. This comes from a person who has used An iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S1, 2, 3, Note 2, Nokia 3310, Lumia 920, Blackberry Bold 9900, Torch, HTC One X and more... I like The Samsung stock calender app and its widgets, The back and menu buttons are fixed in the same place for every app. It includes Note 2 functionality and more. If you think about it, with fixed menu and back keys, you don't have to go on a button hunt on screen because it is always where you find it, next to the home button. I have had a great experience with the Touch Wiz UI while I did not enjoy my time with the HTC One X Sense UI. Also the lack of permanent button placement made it worse. But there is more... Samsung Galaxy S4 has removable battery and Micro SD card slot too. I hate plugging my phone into my PC. This is why i like to use the Micro SD cards to hold all my music.

Edit: Added Aluminium vs Plastic and Drop test statement

Personally I don't find Aluminium to be more high quality than plastic. Every plastic phone I have owned was good for me and all the Aluminium phones I have owned were good too.

I also was on Youtube, a drop test done to both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5 got away not cracked while the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen cracked on the last drop. To people who drop their phones, I say, you gotta be more careful. In my life, I have never dropped an electronic device ever. If I can do it, so can you too!

Edited by dklhs90

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I've personally got the One - I'll be posting a semi indepth review soon. 

Please do! I would love to see an in depth review about the phone. Plan to get the HTC One to replace my old shoddy monocore LG near November. Main reason why I'm choosing HTC One at the moment is because it fits my needs (and wants) and it's not mainstream like the iPhone or Samsung. I like to not be mainstream as much as I can.

Please do! I would love to see an in depth review about the phone. Plan to get the HTC One to replace my old shoddy monocore LG near November. Main reason why I'm choosing HTC One at the moment is because it fits my needs (and wants) and it's not mainstream like the iPhone or Samsung. I like to not be mainstream as much as I can.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11186-review-htc-one-4g-with-telstra-australia/ done

I personally would be going Samsung Galaxy S4. This comes from a person who has used An iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S1, 2, 3, Note 2, Nokia 3310, Lumia 920, Blackberry Bold 9900, Torch, HTC One X and more... I like The Samsung stock calender app and its widgets, The back and menu buttons are fixed in the same place for every app. It includes Note 2 functionality and more. If you think about it, with fixed menu and back keys, you don't have to go on a button hunt on screen because it is always where you find it, next to the home button. I have had a great experience with the Touch Wiz UI while I did not enjoy my time with the HTC One X Sense UI. Also the lack of permanent button placement made it worse. But there is more... Samsung Galaxy S4 has removable battery and Micro SD card slot too. I hate plugging my phone into my PC. This is why i like to use the Micro SD cards to hold all my music.

Edit: Added Aluminium vs Plastic and Drop test statement

Personally I don't find Aluminium to be more high quality than plastic. Every plastic phone I have owned was good for me and all the Aluminium phones I have owned were good too.

I also was on Youtube, a drop test done to both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 5 got away not cracked while the Samsung Galaxy S4 screen cracked on the last drop. To people who drop their phones, I say, you gotta be more careful. In my life, I have never dropped an electronic device ever. If I can do it, so can you too!

"I don't find Aluminium to be more high quality than plastic." 

WHAT? lmao.

"I don't find Aluminium to be more high quality than plastic." 

WHAT? lmao.

Everything comes down to how you define quality in mobile phones. All manufacturers have to have their products go through quality assessment or else they would not be on the market. So whether its aluminium or plastic, they both passed Quality standards to reach the market for us, the consumers to buy. The important thing is that they both do what they are meant to do.

You can read further by following the link that I have provided.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/1b0e79/why_the_plastic_vs_aluminum_debate_is_filled_with/

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5