Chrome using nearly 40% of 16GB RAM?

Kenny427

Hello,
My mouse starter stuttering a lot and I went to check if the CPU or memory was running high and I notice chrome running at nearly 40% memory, is that normal? I didnt run any videos, just had totally 8-10 tabs open as I was scrolling through pc parts. When I play games I also get stuttering and only way to fix it is by restarting. I have a i9-9900k cpu so it should not be the CPU's fault, but I am no PC expert so I ask here.

Is the ram maybe faulty?

8-10 tabs? I'm surprised Chrome hasn't brought your system writhing and screaming to its knees.

But seriously, yes, Chrome loves to eat your RAM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

That's why I switched to Opera, it still takes a lot but like half of what Chrome needed.

I always have around 15 tabs open in multiple windows. 35% RAM usage right now.

Maybe there is some script of a website that is doing something else than just displaying the website? Whats the CPU usage?

I have Floatplane open in one window, four tabs of LTTF in this window, and three amazon tabs open in another window. I'm using 20% totals system memory, with chrome being about 1GB of that. What builds are you guys on? And what extensions are you using?

I'm on Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit), with Lastpass, honey, blackmenu, Adblockplus and google voice extensions.

I also just realized, looking at task manager, I have VLC open still from watching a TV show before floatplane, and an explorer window with that season of the TV show up in it, though both are minimized. 

Memory at 40% won't cause mouse stuttering.

Something else is up.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

chromeram.gif

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones