Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeonEagle80

Plugging headphones in and out both cut out internet connection.

Posted · Original PosterOP

No idea why this is happening, but when I unplug, or plug in my headphones, I lose internet connection (using Ethernet) any fixes or anyway to pinpoint the problem

Maybe a grounding issue? Drivers interfering with each other? There should be no reason those two affect each other, but apparently they do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-3820 | Corsair H100i | ASUS P9X79-LE | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 1866MHz DDR3 | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | 2TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD | 1TB WD Black HDD | Corsair CX750M Fractal Design Define R5 Windows 10 Pro / Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon

Laptop:

Dell XPS 15 9560 4K Touch | Intel Core i5-7300HQ | 12GB Generic (Crucial?) 2133MHz DDR4 | Nvidia GTX 1050 | 256GB Toshiba M.2 NVMe SSD | Windows 10

What computer are you using and what is the manufacturer of your sound and ethernet drivers? I don't really have an answer but with my ASUS K53E laptop, whenever I'm watching a video either on Youtube or locally, sometimes the audio will stutter/sound like its buffering whenever there is network activity. Like I'd be watching a video from an external hard drive and doing some research in Chrome and whenever I'd load a website the audio would do something crazy. I've done some poking around and I think it's because the sound and network drivers come from the same company, and somehow their interfering with each other.