Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shreyas1

Bowser is the New President of Nintendo of America

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Reggie Fils-Aime, the charismatic president of Nintendo of America, is retiring. Nintendo announced Thursday that Fils-Aime will step down on April 15. Doug Bowser, currently the head of sales and marketing at Nintendo of America — and yes, that’s his real name — will replace Fils-Aime as president.

As President, Reggie saw the launch of the Wii, DS platforms, Wii U, and Switch. Most of these were very successful consoles.

Doug Bowser joined Nintendo in 2015 as vice president of sales. He previously worked at Electronic Arts and Procter & Gamble.

I hope this doesn't change Nintendo too much, as they are doing pretty well with the Switch right now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/21/18235072/nintendo-reggie-fils-aime-retires-doug-bowser-president

Edit:

Edited by Shreyas1
Added video

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Original Config

CPU: i5 6500, Graphics Card:  ASUS dual gtx 1070, Case: thermaltake core v21, PSU: EVGA 600B, Motherboard: msi b150m bazooka, HDD: WD blue 1tb, SSD: Sandisk z400s 250GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 8gb (x2)

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

As President, Reggie saw the launch of the Wii, DS platforms, Wii U, and Switch. Most of these were very successful consoles.

I hope this doesn't change Nintendo too much, as they are doing pretty well with the Switch right now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/21/18235072/nintendo-reggie-fils-aime-retires-doug-bowser-president

Agreed

" and yes, that’s his real name "

Best part of the story

PC Set up 

CPU: I9-9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-Wifi

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gamin Z 

Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB 3000MHZ (8GB X 2) 

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro Lighting Enhancement Kit (0GB X 2) 

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB 

Build Log found here:

I would be a little leary and afraid.. he previously worked at EA.. one of the worst companies for doing right by the customers... RIP.. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"The Angry Cup o` Joe" v2.0

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Phantex Enthoo Evolv | Custom front cover from mnpctech.com | Custom Top cover from Modmymods.com

EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans | Cablemod 30cm RGB LED strip

*puts on tinfoil hat* that guy changed his name to work at nintendo

*removes tinfoil hat* it could be just an amazing coincidence... 

*puts on tinfoil hat* almost an impossible coincidence.......

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I SAY COULD BE WRONG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! 

Have a look at my set up your linux gaming pc from start to finish topic if you want to get started with linux :) 

My Laptop: HP EliteBook 9470m | I5 3437U | HD4000 | 1TB SSD | 16GB RAM | Ubuntu Disco Dingo

My Phone: LG G3 | 16GB | 64GB SD | Lineage OS

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

I would be a little leary and afraid.. he previously worked at EA.. one of the worst companies for doing right by the customers... RIP.. 

isnt bowser a villan too?

You can change this by going into your account settings, going down to your signature tab and Typing whatever fits within the rules.

Your welcome

1 minute ago, SlimyPython said:

what a coincidence.... *tinfoil hat intensifies*

DISCLAIMER: ANYTHING I SAY COULD BE WRONG. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! 

Have a look at my set up your linux gaming pc from start to finish topic if you want to get started with linux :) 

My Laptop: HP EliteBook 9470m | I5 3437U | HD4000 | 1TB SSD | 16GB RAM | Ubuntu Disco Dingo

My Phone: LG G3 | 16GB | 64GB SD | Lineage OS

3 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

Depends on whose propaganda you believe.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

41 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what a coincidence.... *tinfoil hat intensifies*

The BBC Article on this has a link to a Nintendo of America Twitter post welcoming him where he has Mario & Luigi tied up in the background...  Also didn't Nintendo recently release another Mario game involving Bowser?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47326561

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1098666321473024000

Reggie's good bye message. He so embraced the memes. And he's been at this long enough that he deserves a good send off. That's a hard position to occupy, given that he has to make business & strategic decisions while also showing up on late night shows.

Reggie is charismatic and fun, he's been so good at what he does. I hope Doug is up to the task, he's got big shoes to fill.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - Asus DirectCU GTX 760 - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

Sad to see Reggie go. He's been there since as far as I can remember giving a damn about E3 and video game news, always loved his enthusiasm. 

That's some big shoes Bowser will have to fill, here's hoping he's every bit as good as Reggie was with their fans.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

4 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

The BBC Article on this has a link to a Nintendo of America Twitter post welcoming him where he has Mario & Luigi tied up in the background...  Also didn't Nintendo recently release another Mario game involving Bowser?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47326561

-snip-

He didn't cosplay as Bowser, i'm disappointed. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

So what kind of timeline are we in where Bowser is in charge of Nintendo of America?

Officially LTT's 'coolest' member (yes, that's a pun)

The w is pronounced like v, if you're wondering!

Please quote me so I can see that you replied.

Spoiler

Current rig (Ninetales):

Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.7GHz, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 (8GB), 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, Windows 10 Pro x64

Laptop (Vulpix): 

Intel Core i7-7700HQ, GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400, Windows 10 Pro x64
More detailed specs on my profile.

On 4/17/2017 at 5:36 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Rawr9 Furry Sex

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

He joined nintendo back in 2015. EA wasn't that bad back then.

He's got all the Nintendo Coin to retire at 57. 

He actually seemed like a very likeable person. I recall it coming out that Nintendo of Japan was the one that was enforcing these strict copyright rules concerning gameplay and YouTube and that Nintendo of America did not share the same thinking. He embraced the fact that he was a living meme and that just made him more likeable. He's leaving the company in a good position, it will be interesting to see the trajectory after he leaves.

8 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

And Reggie used to work for Procter & Gamble, a company I'd say is a lot worse than EA could ever hope to be.

Did anyone else had tears on your eyes when you were watching Reggie's goodbye video?

"Love always happens without warning. At that time, the gears of fate will start spinning. Just like the hands of a clock, two people’s hearts will separate and meet again. Eventually, they reunite."  - Konjiki no Yami (To Love-Ru)

Desktop

Y4M1: Intel Core i5-6500 | MSI H170 Gaming M3 | Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition | 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black  | 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD +  480GB SanDisk SSD Plus + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD + 4TB Western Digital Black | Fully modular EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold ATX PSU | Zalman Z11 NEO ATX mid tower case | Acer 27" GF276 75Hz + 24" S41HL 60Hz Monitor | G.Skill RIPJAWS MX780 |  G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780 MX | Kubuntu (with MATE & Unity DE)

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroka: Lenovo Z40 laptop with Kubuntu + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO + 8GB RAM (total 16GB)

Rei: Xperia Z5 Compact with LineageOS

Xenia: Moto Z with AICP

Airi: Samsung Galaxy S4 with Resurrection Remix

Yuki: 5th generation iPod touch

Relic: IBM Thinkpad T42 with Lubuntu (upgraded with 2GB RAM)

Sylver: Lenovo Z510 laptop with Solus Plasma

Well, thats sad. I've never been very into the games that Nintendo has made, but I have always admired their spirit of not caving in to the "money money money" attitude. It genuinely seemed like Iwata and Reggie just wanted to entertain people and improve their lives.

CPU: 9900k @ 5.35ghz Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Xtreme GPU: EVGA 2080ti FTW3 + HYDROCOPPER @ 2190Mhz RAM: 16GB Vengeance RGB 3600CL17 PSU: 850P2

COOLING: Bent Glass Loop CASE: 900D

14 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

*puts on tinfoil hat* that guy changed his name to work at nintendo

*removes tinfoil hat* it could be just an amazing coincidence... 

*puts on tinfoil hat* almost an impossible coincidence.......

Fake News. Reggie is immortal. This is obviously an announcement for a Mario Bros ARG. Solve the puzzles to save Reggie. Let's-a go!

NotCPUCores Dev | Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 1800X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX480 8GB OC, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

16 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

I mean, he was only president of Nintendo North America. Not Nintendo as a whole, Nintendo's overall president is currently Shuntaro Furukawa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuntaro_Furukawa.

Mr. Fils-aime would have overseen the "launch" marketing / distribution to the North American market, not necessarily making strategic decisions on products that are in development. He was just the public facing person for the North American market.

Nintendo being a Japanese company, I am sure the big shots in Japan do all of the strategic development. So that being the case, I don't see his departure having a big impact on future product development and the direction the company takes.

Honestly, him having been in charge of NA, including product distribution, I cannot say he really did that great of a job. Nintendo has been plagued for years by shortages of their popular products in North America: The NES and SNES classics were impossible to find, the Switch was very hard to come by, and I am probably forgetting a bunch of products.