Bowser is the New President of Nintendo of America

Shreyas1

Reggie Fils-Aime, the charismatic president of Nintendo of America, is retiring. Nintendo announced Thursday that Fils-Aime will step down on April 15. Doug Bowser, currently the head of sales and marketing at Nintendo of America — and yes, that’s his real name — will replace Fils-Aime as president.

As President, Reggie saw the launch of the Wii, DS platforms, Wii U, and Switch. Most of these were very successful consoles.

Doug Bowser joined Nintendo in 2015 as vice president of sales. He previously worked at Electronic Arts and Procter & Gamble.

I hope this doesn't change Nintendo too much, as they are doing pretty well with the Switch right now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/21/18235072/nintendo-reggie-fils-aime-retires-doug-bowser-president

Edit:

Edited by Shreyas1
Added video

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

As President, Reggie saw the launch of the Wii, DS platforms, Wii U, and Switch. Most of these were very successful consoles.

I hope this doesn't change Nintendo too much, as they are doing pretty well with the Switch right now.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/21/18235072/nintendo-reggie-fils-aime-retires-doug-bowser-president

Agreed

" and yes, that’s his real name "

Best part of the story

PC Set up 

CPU: I9-9900k

Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro-Wifi

GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gamin Z 

Cooling: Cooler Master ML360R AIO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16 GB 3000MHZ (8GB X 2) 

RAM: Corsair Vengence Pro Lighting Enhancement Kit (0GB X 2) 

Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 

PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750 W 80+ Gold Fully Modular 

Case: CoolerMaster MB511 RGB 

Build Log found here:

I would be a little leary and afraid.. he previously worked at EA.. one of the worst companies for doing right by the customers... RIP.. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

I would be a little leary and afraid.. he previously worked at EA.. one of the worst companies for doing right by the customers... RIP.. 

isnt bowser a villan too?

✨FNIGE✨

3 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

isnt bowser a villan too?

Depends on whose propaganda you believe.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

41 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what a coincidence.... *tinfoil hat intensifies*

The BBC Article on this has a link to a Nintendo of America Twitter post welcoming him where he has Mario & Luigi tied up in the background...  Also didn't Nintendo recently release another Mario game involving Bowser?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47326561

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1098666321473024000

Reggie's good bye message. He so embraced the memes. And he's been at this long enough that he deserves a good send off. That's a hard position to occupy, given that he has to make business & strategic decisions while also showing up on late night shows.

Reggie is charismatic and fun, he's been so good at what he does. I hope Doug is up to the task, he's got big shoes to fill.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Sad to see Reggie go. He's been there since as far as I can remember giving a damn about E3 and video game news, always loved his enthusiasm. 

That's some big shoes Bowser will have to fill, here's hoping he's every bit as good as Reggie was with their fans.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

The BBC Article on this has a link to a Nintendo of America Twitter post welcoming him where he has Mario & Luigi tied up in the background...  Also didn't Nintendo recently release another Mario game involving Bowser?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-47326561

-snip-

He didn't cosplay as Bowser, i'm disappointed. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

So what kind of timeline are we in where Bowser is in charge of Nintendo of America?

7 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

He joined nintendo back in 2015. EA wasn't that bad back then.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

He's got all the Nintendo Coin to retire at 57. 

He actually seemed like a very likeable person. I recall it coming out that Nintendo of Japan was the one that was enforcing these strict copyright rules concerning gameplay and YouTube and that Nintendo of America did not share the same thinking. He embraced the fact that he was a living meme and that just made him more likeable. He's leaving the company in a good position, it will be interesting to see the trajectory after he leaves.

8 hours ago, Skiiwee29 said:

And Reggie used to work for Procter & Gamble, a company I'd say is a lot worse than EA could ever hope to be.

Did anyone else had tears on your eyes when you were watching Reggie's goodbye video?

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Well, thats sad. I've never been very into the games that Nintendo has made, but I have always admired their spirit of not caving in to the "money money money" attitude. It genuinely seemed like Iwata and Reggie just wanted to entertain people and improve their lives.

14 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

*puts on tinfoil hat* that guy changed his name to work at nintendo

*removes tinfoil hat* it could be just an amazing coincidence... 

*puts on tinfoil hat* almost an impossible coincidence.......

Fake News. Reggie is immortal. This is obviously an announcement for a Mario Bros ARG. Solve the puzzles to save Reggie. Let's-a go!

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

16 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

I mean, he was only president of Nintendo North America. Not Nintendo as a whole, Nintendo's overall president is currently Shuntaro Furukawa https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuntaro_Furukawa.

Mr. Fils-aime would have overseen the "launch" marketing / distribution to the North American market, not necessarily making strategic decisions on products that are in development. He was just the public facing person for the North American market.

Nintendo being a Japanese company, I am sure the big shots in Japan do all of the strategic development. So that being the case, I don't see his departure having a big impact on future product development and the direction the company takes.

Honestly, him having been in charge of NA, including product distribution, I cannot say he really did that great of a job. Nintendo has been plagued for years by shortages of their popular products in North America: The NES and SNES classics were impossible to find, the Switch was very hard to come by, and I am probably forgetting a bunch of products.

>Expects Clickbait

>Isnt Clickbait

Image result for thinking reaction

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25