New Build - Looking for opinions

Jayliss

This is a great build so far. But maybe get a 1tb SSD instead of that 512GB? Those GPU's are fucking expensive where you live. 

Storage   Intel - 545s 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

The motherboard you chose supports M.2 PCIe SSDs (NVMe), you would get better speeds on a M.2 PCIe SSD than an SATA III SSD.

2 minutes ago, Hip said:

This is a great build so far. But maybe get a 1tb SSD instead of that 512GB? Those GPU's are fucking expensive where you live. 

Haha everything is expensive here bro. 15% GST and all the import costs makes it about 25% more expensive than some other countries. This is why I'm always broke spending money on PC shit LMAO. Thanks for the advice bro. Just gonna stick with 512GB for now and if I need it ill get another one

I am guessing you already have a monitor, can you tell us what it is so we can put the build in context?

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, matt-fr said:

The motherboard you chose supports M.2 PCIe SSDs (NVMe), you would get better speeds on a M.2 PCIe SSD than an SATA III SSD.

True that didnt even consider that. This is what pops up "The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled" This doesnt worry me anyways as I only ever use ethernet for them good speeds :P. Thanks for the advice.

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

I am guessing you already have a monitor, can you tell us what it is so we can put the build in context?

My monitor is a 144HZ 1ms 27inch AOC monitor and secondary is 60hz aoc on a monitor arm with my primary. I just use my secondary for spotify and discord. :)

4 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

My monitor is a 144HZ 1ms 27inch AOC monitor and secondary is 60hz aoc on a monitor arm with my primary. I just use my secondary for spotify and discord. :)

where do you need a 2080 ti for that?

9 minutes ago, matt-fr said:

Not for a gaming PC, as this is shaping up to be. NVMe m.2 drives aren't as useful unless massive files are being handled, but an m.2 SATA drive would be nice to reduce cable clutter.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

If it's for 1440p 144Hz, AAA titles are basically gonna need a 2080 ti.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

Seeing what you use it for.. get a 2070. Or just a normal 2080 for around $800(usd). 2k just for the GPU? You’re mad unless you really need it. 

Could also look look at something like 2700x + B450 or X470 board + 16GB of 3000/3200 MHz ram (in case of Ryzen). 

For SSD also look at the 970 evo from Samsung. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

yeah... but even then i would call a 2080 a much better idea personally

I'll be here if you need me

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

The question is why not haha. Also future proofing as well because NVIDIA always fuck us over with driver updates that reduce performance :(. You always have to eventually update cause they aren't compatible with some games if they are not up to date. Also its nice to be able to play max graphics settings even though i still play on 1024x768 on CS:GO

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Now this is just advice without any thought. Sorry to say but even a 2080 will happily play AAA titles on 1440p at max settings. 

I get 90-100fps at BFV ultra fidelity at 1440p with a 2070

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

3 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

The question is why not haha. Also future proofing as well because NVIDIA always fuck us over with driver updates that reduce performance :(. You always have to eventually update cause they aren't compatible with some games if they are not up to date. Also its nice to be able to play max graphics settings even though i still play on 1024x768 on CS:GO

I play CSGO at highest settings at 1440P with a 2070 + 2700x and it averages 220fps. 

Its nvidias first ‘ray tracing’ product. 2080Ti is just way way way overpriced. If you really want to spend, just get a 2080 and be happy.

edit: also ‘future’ proofing would be any RTX card. (Considering you’re mentioning buying 2080Ti to futureproof) 

7 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I get 90-100fps at BFV ultra fidelity at 1440p with a 2070

Well then, I'm happy to bring my own anecdote to the ring. Overwatch gets between 144 and 120Hz on my rig, which basically demands that I use adaptive sync.

It's not absolute that AAA titles will require the very best of the best for 1440p 144Hz, but if that's your target, and you want to reach it in as many games as possible, and the 2080 ti fits in the budget, it's not a bad choice. That being said @Jayliss still has yet to confirm the performance target

Primary PC:

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

I play CSGO at highest settings at 1440P with a 2070 + 2700x and it averages 220fps. 

Its nvidias first ‘ray tracing’ product. 2080Ti is just way way way overpriced. If you really want to spend, just get a 2080 and be happy.

CS:GO is about 65-70% CPU intensive so thats kinda irrelevant. Also a 144hz monitor requires a minimum of 144FPS in order to refresh at 144 images (hz) p/sec for your previous comment. IK a 1080ti is a bit overkill but it will save me money in the long run so I wont have to upgrade it for at least 3 years unless of part failure. thanks for the opinion though bro

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

That being said @Jayliss still has yet to confirm the performance target

My target is to run games on high graphics settings at over 144fps whilst stable and to make sure that the computer stays this way for at least 3 years because when I start working full-time I want to start saving for a house. ?

Just now, Jayliss said:

My target is to run games on high graphics settings at over 144fps whilst stable and to make sure that the computer stays this way for at least 3 years because when I start working full-time I want to start saving for a house. ?

So 1080p 144Hz then? Then you should save and get a 2080. 3 years isn't unrealistic for that performance target.

Primary PC:

ye 1080p. I'll think about it. I might get more RAM instead cause I work with VM's all the time and having a shit ton of RAM is super handy so I can assign more RAM to each VM to increase its speed. I normally assign 4gbs per VM. 6gb is optimal with 2 cores for max performance. I normally run about 4 at a time. so 32GB RAM sounds good to me haha. (again IK its overkill but I dont really care haha I will love the speed)

11 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

I normally assign 4gbs per VM. 6gb is optimal with 2 cores for max performance

Have you considered an i7 9700k, so you'd have 8 cores, and you could get 2x16gb to have all your ram and a little extra. Also, a cheap and good cooler like a dark rock 4 would be yet another good way to save.

Edited by fasauceome

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

Have you considered an i7 9700k, so you'd have 8 cores, and you could get 2x16gb to have all your ram and a little extra.

Nah 6 cores is heaps. They dont use much speed. It just means they all dont strain one core. I could assign 3 cores which is heaps

9 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

ye 1080p. I'll think about it. I might get more RAM instead cause I work with VM's all the time and having a shit ton of RAM is super handy so I can assign more RAM to each VM to increase its speed. I normally assign 4gbs per VM. 6gb is optimal with 2 cores for max performance. I normally run about 4 at a time. so 32GB RAM sounds good to me haha. (again IK its overkill but I dont really care haha I will love the speed)

At 1080p 144hz I would suggest 2080. If you’re ram heavy depended get yourself 2080+ 32gn of ram. 2080Ti is serious overkill + paying for performance which you don’t need. (especially at 1080p)

7 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

What would you want to be your primary color and why are you only using 1stWave, PB, and PC Force for your merchants because everything they are selling you is highly overpriced (Nevermind on the merchant part did not know you were in New Zealand looked up 1stWave and found out where they were located)

Edited by Hotseff

13 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

The question is why not haha

because it's almost double the price of a good 2080 and gives little performence more?

14 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

because NVIDIA always fuck us over with driver updates that reduce performance :(

that's bullshit

14 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

You always have to eventually update cause they aren't compatible with some games if they are not up to date

you see stuff i never do, and I'm running older drivers

15 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

Also its nice to be able to play max graphics settings

yeah? you could still do that with a 2080, or even my 1070 ti can do that in some games

4 minutes ago, Jayliss said:

then i would rather spend 2500-3000 now, and the rest down the line. but okay

suggestions:

safe a bit and still get more than enough:

honourable mention

and you can get a really nice red front panel for it over at fractal, josh will be pleased

and from what you gained you can get some other nice things, get yourself some premium keyboard and mouse, a new headset or let your build look even better with some @CableModcables. that's my recommendation