Our EPIC New Setup!

JonoT
13 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

samsung and harman/kardon working together, what a surprise

oh wait

IMG_20190221_211518.jpg.4dd40ad1396bb398b5683829e94b2c35.jpg

ah we meat again, awesome setup right? loving those electric recliners though. 

so really they just worked together with themselves.

btw that soundbar setup alone is the same price as my rig i am planning

Just now, Charlie23 said:

ah we meat again, awesome setup right? loving those electric recliners though. 

so really they just worked together with themselves.

they seem to have something with samsung the last while...

I mean, if they would give one to me I wouldn't mind to trade in my Salora...

Wow, I imagine that they got people from 2 fortune 500 companies to cringe with this one, Samsung with the crate, (and standing on the soundbar) and Nvidia with the aging green crowbar...

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

What is that couch? That's probably the only setup I would replace my current couch with.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

oooohhh ..damn ..that color shift at 12:00..ouch. how much is that Tv worth lol.

I so hope they knew they should have flattend the ceiling for the purposes of sound redirection, kinda of a simple thing to overlook.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I assume the only reason we don't see Yvonne call an insurance agent to up her policy on Linus midway through the video, is that she's been married to him long enough to have gone up to max coverage years ago.

Don't suppose anyone knows what the movie is at 15:10-ish that they show for all of about 5 seconds?

One of the better thumbnails imo.

3 hours ago, Gibraltar said:

Don't suppose anyone knows what the movie is at 15:10-ish that they show for all of about 5 seconds?

Maze Runner: The Death Cure

When are we going to have a chance to buy those new hoodies? I hate hoodies but damn if I will miss a chance to get me one of those - those are awesome! :D

Plus can we stop having videos with Jake…? He's the embodiment of internet obnoxiousness…

I don't think the Vancouver Fire Marshall would look too kindly at the locked fire exit at the beginning.

I have the same setup, but I never got the chance to truly test it, can you link/upload the demo clips Samsung sent you? (for the Doubly Atmos) @JonoT

Also what's the couch, I feel I need it because of..reasons..

awesome setup but as mentioned i think the roof has to be flat for the whole reflection thing to work properly.

also sub placment can be important but seeing the size of the "room" and that theres no immidiate corners nearby i gues it doesnt matter.

also dont give Yvonne shit for the table. i think it looks awesome. if its not mobile enough put wheels under it for VR sessions or whatnot.

the foot design for samsung TVs though is weird. since the whole hype about soundbars recently you would think they incoorporate that somehow so it fits together nicely. and i love me a good wall mount but who ever screwed that on needs to redo it with the help of a man preferrably. that thing is wobbly as hell.

also had you paid for the setup id have suggested something better but since its sponsored i guess one cant complain. although i just wouldve loved seeing a big atmos setup from klipsch and then a 77" OLED from sony or lg on there. but again still pretty nice  

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

On 2/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, Schadenfreudee said:

Hey, what's with all the hate for Jake on Youtube ? I just love this guy.

Personally the videos with Linus and Jake, Alex, Ivan or Anthony are my favourites. James is the annoying one for me.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

To each their own I guess haha !

Ivan is my favourite, i'd loved to see him more.

On 2/25/2019 at 1:50 AM, Schadenfreudee said:

To each their own I guess haha !

Ivan is my favourite, i'd loved to see him more.

Unfortunately he no longer works for LMG, according to Linus.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 2/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, LukeSavenije said:

samsung and harman/kardon working together, what a surprise

oh wait

IMG_20190221_211518.jpg.4dd40ad1396bb398b5683829e94b2c35.jpg

It is worse than that.  Samsung purchased the Harmon group a couple of years ago which includes a slew of professional companies like Crown, JBL, AMX, SVSI, BSS, dbx and Martin to name a few.  As weird as it was, the super conglomerate was able to keep each of these wings from competing with each other or they'd simply rebrand one product from one wing to another (if you though AMD and nVida rebranding was bad....).  

Under Samsung's leadership, officially they are rather quiet but behind the scenes it is clear that they're winding down several of these operations in favor of Samsung's own.  Technologies from AMX and SVSI I am expecting to be fully integrated into future Samsung displays while those companies themselves become fully integrated into the Samsung corporate juggernaut.  The problem I have is that Samsung is horrible in terms of support which is something terrifying when it comes to supporting professional systems like Crown, AMX, BSS etc. 

The professional market is patiently waiting to see where the things ultimately fall from these mergers but right now the wise decisions is to look else where in the short term.