S8 VS Pocophone f1

Midniteb0ne
Go to solution Solved by Chett_Manly,

I really care about the screen

Then the S8 is by far the better option. Should be getting OneUI with Android 9 soon. Which I quite like on my S9+.

Should I buy an S8 or a Pocophone F1, where I live both of the are basically the same price, I really care about the screen, I'm not a power user( I don't play much on my phone, I use my pc) and the camera also doesn't matter much the me as long as it is decent.

I just want a phone which will last me for a long time.

PS: How would the S8+ be?

If they're the same price, get the S8. The screen is far better and so is the camera. It might be a bit slower but I doubt you'd notice.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

i had my S8 for over a year. pretty solid phone. but some annoyances include the curved screen edges, bixby button, rear fingerprint sensor, tinny sounding speaker, some lag here and there 

10 hours ago, Techicolors said:

i had my S8 for over a year. pretty solid phone. but some annoyances include the curved screen edges, bixby button, rear fingerprint sensor, tinny sounding speaker, some lag here and there 

I'm gonna install a custom ROM anyways and I'll use the dual speaker mod.

It's on the XDA website if you want to use it.

I am not going to use any security anyways, I'll remap the Bixby button and I love the curved screen.

So it is not a problem to me.

6 hours ago, MrFixitBlankFace said:

Get the S9. If it sells better than the F1, it is better.

The s9 is waay more expensive than the S8 in my country and the benefits are not worth it for the money I'll save.

On 2/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, Chett_Manly said:

Then the S8 is by far the better option. Should be getting OneUI with Android 9 soon. Which I quite like on my S9+.

One UI (Android 9) is being pushed via OTA to Samsung Galaxy S8s on the standard update channel as of this week. Just updated mine today. AFAIK it is a staggered release by region.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II