New PC Build - Thoughts

MinkHD
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
5 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

This feels like a downgrade. I don't see how I will be benefit from a worse cpu. Please explain how this is better :P I got a 240g SSD as I can upgrade by purchasing an hdd in future when I will have more money

Your mobo sucks and should never be paired woth anything. Ram is bad.

The r5 1600 isnt worth it for all the sacrifises you made.

Abd if you want to get storage later.

Here: 

Or 

The cruciam SSD is much better. And 240GB honestly doesnt last long at all. 

Hey, so my budget for this pc is a tight £500. The link to the current build is 

If you could please send your thoughts, is there anything you would swap? Let me know please!

- Regards, Mink.

4 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

Hey, so my budget for this pc is a tight £500. The link to the current build is https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

If you could please send your thoughts, is there anything you would swap? Let me know please!

- Regards, Mink.

You didn't send the list

Anyways wait for the gtx 1650 and the 3rd gen Ryzen processors( they will have a big IPC boost at least that is what rumours suggest, trust me waiting is better than regretting later I have been there)

And in the meantime if you could increase your budget that would be very good, because at this price range paying a bit more gets you a lot.

Cheers

Some random stranger.

Wrong link. 

Also take a look in the pinned masterthread under the subforum.

You will find the build you want there for 500£.

Wow my bad guys. [Edit] Fixed link. Also I believe this build is far superior for the money.

3 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

Wow my bad guys. [Edit] Fixed link. Also I believe this build is far superior for the money.

Here is the best build you can get for the money. 

-from one of the contributors to the megathread. 

Edit: also the build you provided isnt good

This feels like a downgrade. I don't see how I will be benefit from a worse cpu. Please explain how this is better :P I got a 240g SSD as I can upgrade by purchasing an hdd in future when I will have more money

5 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

Your mobo sucks and should never be paired woth anything. Ram is bad.

The r5 1600 isnt worth it for all the sacrifises you made.

Abd if you want to get storage later.

Here: 

Or 

The cruciam SSD is much better. And 240GB honestly doesnt last long at all. 

4 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

because your mobo and memory choice will but you in a terrible position in the future. A320 are usually badly built to make a decent price difference (if there is) while maintaining profilt for the manufacturer, while Ryzen drop quite a lot of performance with single channel memory let alone lower frequency.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, MinkHD said:

Hey thanks a lot, the info was really helpful :)

Also please quote people or @ em. If i werent aware you werent quoting. Id never see this. 

Also welcome to the forum