Security, storage etc.

Bonzay0

So I was wondering since no info was given on the issue. (Or I missed it somehow)

Of course I presume security will be on site but my questions are more for the equipment that people will bring with them. (Even more so for the BYOC)

Will there be a place to store safely our equipment? Even during the event it's not 24/7 BYOC so people will want to go around the place but not worry about their full customized overpriced tower to get stolen or damaged. 

Or even just to store your bag without worry so you can run around and enjoy more comfortably the event venue.

Also will there be any safety measures provided or we should do ourselves when in the BYOC area? For example: when someone wants to grab a coffee/food/toilet and needs to leave his assigned seat.

Let's say you will sell merchandise (the more expensive kind like computer gear or w/e)

Will there be a place I will be able to store that? (Would love to get myself an LMG keyboard & mouse ?)

Also if I'm already at the topic, will there be more types of merchandise that will be sold in the venue? (Except the ones provided by ordering with the tickets online)

What event are you talking about?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

5 hours ago, Bonzay0 said:

So I was wondering since no info was given on the issue. (Or I missed it somehow)

Of course I presume security will be on site but my questions are more for the equipment that people will bring with them. (Even more so for the BYOC)

Will there be a place to store safely our equipment? Even during the event it's not 24/7 BYOC so people will want to go around the place but not worry about their full customized overpriced tower to get stolen or damaged. 

Or even just to store your bag without worry so you can run around and enjoy more comfortably the event venue.

Also will there be any safety measures provided or we should do ourselves when in the BYOC area? For example: when someone wants to grab a coffee/food/toilet and needs to leave his assigned seat.

Let's say you will sell merchandise (the more expensive kind like computer gear or w/e)

Will there be a place I will be able to store that? (Would love to get myself an LMG keyboard & mouse ?)

Also if I'm already at the topic, will there be more types of merchandise that will be sold in the venue? (Except the ones provided by ordering with the tickets online)

There will be security, I don't know the details but DreamHack will ensure everyone's things are safe. As for people who attend LTX with bags, you'll have to keep an eye on your own bag.

1 hour ago, CPotter said:

There will be security, I don't know the details but DreamHack will ensure everyone's things are safe. As for people who attend LTX with bags, you'll have to keep an eye on your own bag.

Cool, Thanks!

7 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

What event are you talking about?

LTX

• 3 weeks later...

Make friends and use your neighbors to help keep an eye on things. You could always setup something like a live cam stream monitoring your stuff while you walk away, but you're not alone with this concern. I installed a door sensor on my panel in case someone attempts to open and grab some hardware... 

20190309_194913_HDR.jpg

20190309_194926_HDR.jpg

20190309_200452_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_2019-03-09-20-11-34.png

From what I've heard the most common stolen items are peripherals like mouse and headset. My rough plan is to bring a bag and a lock that I will hopefully be able to lock to the table keeping my stuff safe while I wander around.

For anybody bringing a laptop (or even some desktops) bring a kensington lock and lock your computer to the desk.

At an event like this if somebody does not think something would be easy to grab and leave with they won't take it.

Like it has been said people only steal small things, mostly things that are not connected to the computer at all (eg wireless or non PC item)

Please "Quote" me if you want me to see your response.

21 hours ago, Justin_ said:

For anybody bringing a laptop (or even some desktops) bring a kensington lock and lock your computer to the desk.

At an event like this if somebody does not think something would be easy to grab and leave with they won't take it.

Like it has been said people only steal small things, mostly things that are not connected to the computer at all (eg wireless or non PC item)

Yeah I'm coming with a laptop and also bought me a Kensington lock.

I will bring with me a few locks as I have to anyway cuz I'm staying at a hostel with lockers (which u need to bring ur own lock to)