games alt tab randomly

Kytan

I've build my pc like a week ago, it work perfectly, but games keep alt tabbing randomly, i dont know why, i think its because of windows but i dont know how to resolve that.

9 minutes ago, Kytan said:

I've build my pc like a week ago, it work perfectly, but games keep alt tabbing randomly, i dont know why, i think its because of windows but i dont know how to resolve that.

try a different keyboard

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

Are you sure it's "ALT-tabbing" and not another application being put in the foreground (notification or other reason).

You could try to run your game in windowed mode to see if you have something popping in the task bar when that happens?

You could also have a task manager running in the foreground and keep an eye on the process tab to see if you have something running that could be causing this.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

2 minutes ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

try a different keyboard 

i had the same keyboard in my old pc, and on the other pc i dont have this problem

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Are you sure it's "ALT-tabbing" and not another application being put in the foreground (notification or other reason).

You could try to run your game in windowed mode to see if you have something popping in the task bar when that happens?

You could also have a task manager running in the foreground and keep an eye on the process tab to see if you have something running that could be causing this.

i only have discord, nvidia drivers, and the logitech gaming software opened everytime i play.

4 minutes ago, Kytan said:

i only have discord, nvidia drivers, and the logitech gaming software opened everytime i play.

There could be stuff running in the background, that's why I mentioned looking at the task manager while you have a game running in windowed mode.

Also, as @LukeTheCoder05 mentioned, try another keyboard even if you didn't have that issue before.

The point of troubleshooting is to try everything, even stuff that you think might not be related. That way, you get a confirmation.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Additionally, make sure you're playing in "full screen", not "full screen windowed". Even then, if you have multiple monitors with games that "lock" your mouse to their window (e.g. FPS games), you can still accidentally "tab out" if you move your mouse away from the window faster than the game can recenter it. I personally had the latter problem when I set my mouse DPI too high.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor