Rgb headers

Maxerdrax91

Hey guys, I got a new case today (Deepcool Matrexx 55 A) and it has 3 pin rgb headers where my mother board has 4 pin rgb headers. I did a quick search online and found a couple 3 to 4 pin adapters on eBay Amazon  and similar sites but would they even work and is there just a simple solution to all this? Thanks a lot guys!

Ps. If you recommend anything just keep in mind that I live in Australia and I don’t want to pay $50 shipping for a cable :)

1 hour ago, Maxerdrax91 said:

Hey guys, I got a new case today (Deepcool Matrexx 55 A) and it has 3 pin rgb headers where my mother board has 4 pin rgb headers. I did a quick search online and found a couple 3 to 4 pin adapters on eBay Amazon  and similar sites but would they even work and is there just a simple solution to all this? Thanks a lot guys!

Ps. If you recommend anything just keep in mind that I live in Australia and I don’t want to pay $50 shipping for a cable :)

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think those work since 3pin ARGB headers are 5V, whereas 4 pin RGB headers are 12V. Simplest solution is to probably buy a Deepcool RGB Fan controller(you plug in rgb headers to the controller which is then usually powered by sata/molex). I'm not sure if Deepcool sells these but I've used this method to circumvent this issue with Cooler Master and Tecware RGB fans. 

If deepcool doesn't sell them, just sell your RGB fans then buy some Tecware ones(I think they sell in Australia). Their F3 fans look similar to the Corsair LL120s and are much cheaper, you can power the rgb through the rgb controller too(you have to buy them though)