Hello everybody :)

Im looking for some advice while builing my new PC.

Im planing on playing games as APEX, Anthem, Battlefield, Tom Clancys Wildlands.... at 1440p (144hz) at maxed out setting with the highest possible framerate. (no streaming intended)

My planed build:

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x, 8GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO (500GB, M.2 2280) , Seagate BarraCuda (4TB, 3.5", Desktop)

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K (LGA 1151, 3.60GHz, Unlocked)

MB: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (LGA 1151, Intel Z390, ATX)

CPU cooling: Thermaltake FLOE RIING RGB 240 PREMIUM

Power Supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 (750W)

Case:  MSI MAG Pylon (not fixed on this one,open for suggestions)

and finally the GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC (11GB, High-end)

Cost is not such a big factor for me, I only want the best possible performance around said GPU.

thx in advance!

I think you can do better on some parts... what is your budget, location and any preferences?

3 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

I think you can do better on some parts... what is your budget, location and any preferences?

@LukeSavenije

hey Luke,

my budget is around 3000 Swiss Franks (I live in switzerland which makes it probably difficult for u to give me advice reagrding pricing)

As u may have alreaedy guessed, I like MSI and im looking to go for an RGB type look. I want my case to have a front and side glass pannel.

3 hours ago, NomadSebi said:

Hello everybody :)

Im looking for some advice while builing my new PC.

Im planing on playing games as APEX, Anthem, Battlefield, Tom Clancys Wildlands.... at 1440p (144hz) at maxed out setting with the highest possible framerate. (no streaming intended)

My planed build:

Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x, 8GB, DDR4-2666, DIMM 288)

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO (500GB, M.2 2280) , Seagate BarraCuda (4TB, 3.5", Desktop)

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K (LGA 1151, 3.60GHz, Unlocked)

MB: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON (LGA 1151, Intel Z390, ATX)

CPU cooling: Thermaltake FLOE RIING RGB 240 PREMIUM

Power Supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 (750W)

Case:  MSI MAG Pylon (not fixed on this one,open for suggestions)

and finally the GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti DUKE 11G OC (11GB, High-end)

Cost is not such a big factor for me, I only want the best possible performance around said GPU.

thx in advance!

Looks ok to me. Just make sure that everything is compatible with MSI Mystic Light if you want everything to sync up (So Ram and cooler). You can also buy dummy kits for the Corsair Ram if you want to fill all 4 slots. It will look nicer aesthetically.

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-light-enhancement-kit-black-modding-illumination-10232576

10 minutes ago, NomadSebi said:

@LukeSavenije

hey Luke,

my budget is around 3000 Swiss Franks (I live in switzerland which makes it probably difficult for u to give me advice reagrding pricing)

As u may have alreaedy guessed, I like MSI and im looking to go for an RGB type look. I want my case to have a front and side glass pannel.

the closest i can get is sweden, so not really... would you have a problem with stepping off MSI?

not that they are bad or something (i mean, i have a msi mobo), but gigabyte gives better vrms for the same price or less, so consider that.

26 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the closest i can get is sweden, so not really... would you have a problem with stepping off MSI?

not that they are bad or something (i mean, i have a msi mobo), but gigabyte gives better vrms for the same price or less, so consider that.

What changes would u propose? go for a gigabyteGPU?

23 minutes ago, NomadSebi said:

What changes would u propose? go for a gigabyteGPU?

i mean... inside the msi linup i would get a gaming x trio, since you're going balls to the walls

evga, msi, asus, gigabyte and even galax/kfa2 have some really nice 2080 ti's

what i suggest is that you swap that msi pro carbon for a gigabyte aorus board because it has better vrms (8 vs 12 phase iirc)

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i mean... inside the msi linup i would get a gaming x trio, since you're going balls to the walls

evga, msi, asus, gigabyte and even galax/kfa2 have some really nice 2080 ti's

what i suggest is that you swap that msi pro carbon for a gigabyte aorus board because it has better vrms (8 vs 12 phase iirc)

just any aorus board? i.e: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite (LGA 1151, Intel Z390, ATX)

an go w a gaming trio?