2200G Dedicated streaming PC?

rooVV

I'm making a dedicated PC to livestream off of. The Ryzen 3 2200G came to mind due to it's amazing value as an APU ($94). I was initially thinking of the Ryzen 3 1200, but thought I should go with the 2200G cause it's barely any more expensive and performs better as a CPU (depicted on UserBenchmark). I wanna know if it can sate my needs before buying one.

FYI: I have purchased an RX 570 4GB to go in this PC.

Can I get a CPU/APU for $100ish that can stream at a consistent setting? Or do I need something with a bit more juice? My standard is 900p60 for streaming. Thx.

Edit: This is a SEPARATE PC from the one I'm playing games on. This will take video output from my main PC via Elgato HD60 Pro.

Edit 2: I won't use the iGPU in normal practice. Maybe I'll use it here and there just to see what it's capable of, but won't be using it regularly.

17 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

No.  Get a ryzen 2600. 2200g is not going to be an enjoyable experince

I agree, grab a 2600 and a decent card, maybe like a 1060 6gb.

Is this like a dual PC setup? One for gaming, and the other for streaming it?

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

Are you playing on one system and streaming off another? Or wanting to use a PC to stream a console game?

40 minutes ago, rooVV said:

I'm making a dedicated PC to livestream off of. The Ryzen 3 2200G came to mind due to it's amazing value ($94). I wanna know if it can sate my needs before buying one.

FYI: I'll cop a discreet graphics card along side this.

Can I get a CPU/APU for $100ish that can stream at a consistent setting? Or do I need something with more juice? My standard is 900p60 for streaming. Thx.

So you want to put an HDMI input card inside that and use the 2200G System to convert the Video from your Source PC??

But the AMD G-Series makes less sense when you put in a Graphics card.

In that case a 1600 or 2600 with or without X is making more sense as it has +2 Cores and +6 Threads with only beeing between 20-40% more.

39 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

No.  Get a ryzen 2600. 2200g is not going to be an enjoyable experince

Depends what he means with the dedicated PC to livestream.

It can be a PC where you feed in an HDMI Source that then converts it and you play on something else.

It can be a PC that streams and plays.

In that case I'd even look into 1700, better 2700.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

A 2200g may be enough, depending on what you're doing.

Are you planning to use NDI or some equivalent to send the raw frames from one computer to your "dedicated streaming computer"?

Are you gonna have a HDMI capture card on that computer to capture stuff from consoles and other PCs?

You can certainly configure x264 (software encoder option in OBS) to reliably stream 1080p 30fps or lower. You would however get more quality if you go with a 2600 (or older gen 1600, 1700 if you can find them cheaper)

I guess you have a 1600x900 monitor if you want to stream at 900p, otherwise it's kind of a strange resolution. Maybe you could play your games at 720p and stream at 720p? If If your monitor doesn't scale smaller resolutions with good quality, you could configure your video card to keep the resolution of your monitor to 1600x900 and just center the actual game in the center of your monitor (720p or whatever you set in games). This way you would be able to send 720p to the dedicated streaming pc.

You could probably buy a small form factor i7 Dell, shove a $20 ssd into it for convenience and call it good. Haswell supports AVX2, so trying to find one with like a 4770 or 4790 should suit you well. Sometimes I see them locally for like $100-150.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ELITEDESK-800-G1-INTEL-I7-4770-3-4GHz-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-WINDOWS-7-PRO/223394704744

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9020-Tower-Intel-Core-i7-4770-8GB-500GB-Window-10-Pro/233140659808

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9020-i7-4770-PRO-3-40GHz-16GB-RAM-256GB-HDD-WINDOWS-8/223404832226

53 minutes ago, Slayer3032 said:

You could probably buy a small form factor i7 Dell, shove a $20 ssd into it for convenience and call it good. Haswell supports AVX2, so trying to find one with like a 4770 or 4790 should suit you well. Sometimes I see them locally for like $100-150.

...and if he realizes that it isn't enough, he throws it away and buys it new...

That AMD System might be a bit more but if he realizes the CPU isn't fast enough, all he needs to do is throw in a new CPU...

Additionally, those Business Systems from all manufacturers have Proprietary PSU that make Upgrading impossible.

A Refurbished System with i7-4790 over here is like 500€ at a normal Store.

So you really have to be lucky to be able to find something with higher end CPUs that are really cheap. And in most cases its just not worth it, the prices of those is just rediculous...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 hours ago, RobFRaschke said:

Are you playing on one system and streaming off another? Or wanting to use a PC to stream a console game?

Playing on one PC, streaming from another.

5 hours ago, mariushm said:

A 2200g may be enough, depending on what you're doing.

Are you planning to use NDI or some equivalent to send the raw frames from one computer to your "dedicated streaming computer"?

Are you gonna have a HDMI capture card on that computer to capture stuff from consoles and other PCs?

You can certainly configure x264 (software encoder option in OBS) to reliably stream 1080p 30fps or lower. You would however get more quality if you go with a 2600 (or older gen 1600, 1700 if you can find them cheaper)

I guess you have a 1600x900 monitor if you want to stream at 900p, otherwise it's kind of a strange resolution. Maybe you could play your games at 720p and stream at 720p? If If your monitor doesn't scale smaller resolutions with good quality, you could configure your video card to keep the resolution of your monitor to 1600x900 and just center the actual game in the center of your monitor (720p or whatever you set in games). This way you would be able to send 720p to the dedicated streaming pc.

All of my monitors are 1920x1080. My stream quality is 1600x900.

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

So you want to put an HDMI input card inside that and use the 2200G System to convert the Video from your Source PC??

But the AMD G-Series makes less sense when you put in a Graphics card.

In that case a 1600 or 2600 with or without X is making more sense as it has +2 Cores and +6 Threads with only beeing between 20-40% more.

Depends what he means with the dedicated PC to livestream.

It can be a PC where you feed in an HDMI Source that then converts it and you play on something else.

It can be a PC that streams and plays.

In that case I'd even look into 1700, better 2700.

Streaming on one PC, livestream from another.

I suggest you check LTT's video on having a gaming PC and streaming PC. I would link it if I was on my PC but not sure how to get it from my phone app.

Depends on what’s doing the encoding, I assume the cpu given the card used. 

Mid you don’t mind it looking kinda bad, sure it can work. 

Need to determine the quality you want when cpu rendering and how good it can be while not being choppy from high usage. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Still not answering anything. If you want it to look good, get something better. If you’re ok with it looking bad get what ever. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz