Beginner PC builder with few questions

Hey everybody !

I saw there was a great community here and I hope you'll give me the answer that I am desperately looking for.

I want to build a new PC from scratches. I have 3 questions :

- First thing first, I hesitate between buying a 2k or 4k 27 inches monitor. I will mainly use it for my studies (engineering softwares) and also for entertainment such as video playing, and rarely gaming, but possibly. I will be sitting at around 17 inches from the screen. What should I buy, regarding also the fact that 4k will mean higher priced components.

- Secondly, will I have to buy a GPU, and if so, what will I have to choose in order to have at least 120 FPS for all my activities, and for gaming it is okay if it is only 60 FPS minimum.

- And finally, I saw that AMD was going to produce a new generation of their Ryzen Zen serie (Zen 3000 or Zen 2), which will apparently be a beast. Should I wait for it or do I buy another CPU, like the core i9-9700k from Intel ?

Thanks guys !

18 minutes ago, Jalmhak said:

Hey everybody !

I saw there was a great community here and I hope you'll give me the answer that I am desperately looking for.

I want to build a new PC from scratches. I have 3 questions :

- First thing first, I hesitate between buying a 2k or 4k 27 inches monitor. I will mainly use it for my studies (engineering softwares) and also for entertainment such as video playing, and rarely gaming, but possibly. I will be sitting at around 17 inches from the screen. What should I buy, regarding also the fact that 4k will mean higher priced components.

- Secondly, will I have to buy a GPU, and if so, what will I have to choose in order to have at least 120 FPS for all my activities, and for gaming it is okay if it is only 60 FPS minimum.

- And finally, I saw that AMD was going to produce a new generation of their Ryzen Zen serie (Zen 3000 or Zen 2), which will apparently be a beast. Should I wait for it or do I buy another CPU, like the core i9-9700k from Intel ?

Thanks guys !

What is your budget.  The new Zen techie for 2019 is good stuff, you would fly through tasks.  But if you want a for sure thing and something that is out know then the 9900k is the magic chip that will shred through your autodesk your autocad your 3d max your Maya or a DAW like me...  If you hardly do gaming on it and dont do any content creation then a 9900k would be a overkill.  You could do with a 9600k or 9700k and you will get 120fps if your video card is good enough.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card