Touch monitor recommendations?

LRossi

Hey folks...I'm looking for some guidance here, maybe some of you can provide some insight...

My father-in-law was disabled after an accident and had his right side paralyzed, so he has difficulties handling a mouse with his left hand (he's undergoing rehabilitation).

We already got a high-contrast keyboard, which is extremely helpful, and we're trying a trackball mouse, which is indeed better for him. But we also want to have a touch monitor so he can have an alternative in case he's experiencing difficulties with the mouse.

Do you have any recommendations for that? We're looking for something around 24", preferably that can be set at an angle on the table to make it more accessible.

I mean, I have looked online and found some models, but the ones that are in a good price range (<$400) are usually from brands I never heard of...like this one, which would fit what we need, but I'm not sure if the touch function works well:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824016174

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Those touchscreen from major brands like Dell, Asus and Acer are fine, albeit a bit expensive.

Alternatively, you can try using the Xbox Adaptive Controller with a custom profile on a non-touch screen.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."