I need gpu driver help!

Doggo lover

Was playing a game early today and then the game crashed, I have a 660 ti,  and then the computer blue screened. i re boot and then dose not turn on again without graphical artifacts and instant blue screening. it happened after a system reboot so i am lead to believe than Nvidias newest driver is in some way corrupt or something. i can no longer boot the computer unless it is in safe mode. shall i just reinstall windows, unplug the Ethernet cable so it cant auto update and just install drivers from half a year ago to play it safe? any help will be greatly appreciated,

It may be that your drivers are corrupt, clean them out with DDU and attempt a reinstallation. If it persists, try a rollback to a previous version.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Hi Morph,

First, start in safe mode, go to windows settings and Turn off automatic driver update.

Next go to driver settings for your card (device manager) and roll back the driver.

Restart, and you should be golden.

i have re installed windows and it still wont make a difference and you cat disable updates in safe mode.

At the fresh re install it worked the it installed some drivers and restarted and blue screened

Edited by Morph Tollon
more info

6 minutes ago, Morph Tollon said:

i have re installed windows and it still wont make a difference and you cat disable updates in safe mode.

At the fresh re install it worked the it installed some drivers and restarted and blue screened

17 minutes ago, Morph Tollon said:

Was playing a game early today and then the game crashed, I have a 660 ti,  and then the computer blue screened. i re boot and then dose not turn on again without graphical artifacts and instant blue screening. it happened after a system reboot so i am lead to believe than Nvidias newest driver is in some way corrupt or something. i can no longer boot the computer unless it is in safe mode. shall i just reinstall windows, unplug the Ethernet cable so it cant auto update and just install drivers from half a year ago to play it safe? any help will be greatly appreciated,

PC HARDWARE:

ryzen 7

a gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H (rev. 1.x )

A gtx 660TI from msi

3 hdds and a sata dvd drive

600w psu

Win 10 home premium